Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zegogglestheydonothing

Simple green tea questions

1) Are green tea pills "as effective" as drinking tea in terms of antioxidants?

2) Is decaffeinated green tea "as effective as regular green tea in terms of antioxidants?

maybe boiling the water helps with absorption, or removing the caffeine removes antioxidants...

Drinking Green tea is more effective than taking the extracts because the antioxidants are better absorbed in the mucosal lining in your mouth and it is spaced throughout the day. So if you take a capsule with the equiv antioxidants of ten cups of GT, or ten actual cups of GT- the drinks are better. Its tough to drink that much green T though, and my supp has the equiv of 8 cups, so its not as effective as drinking it, but much more convenient.

Taking the caffiene out does not affect the antioxidant activity.

Drinking Green tea is more effective than taking the extracts because the antioxidants are better absorbed in the mucosal lining in your mouth and it is spaced throughout the day. So if you take a capsule with the equiv antioxidants of ten cups of GT, or ten actual cups of GT- the drinks are better. Its tough to drink that much green T though, and my supp has the equiv of 8 cups, so its not as effective as drinking it, but much more convenient.

Taking the caffiene out does not affect the antioxidant activity.

Not sure if this will help, but...

A recent study found that green tea is much better absorbed by the body if it is combined with something acidic (like citrus juice), or when it has Vitamin C fortified to it.

A plain cup of green tea only has about 4% absorption rate otherwise.

i noticed yesterday that twinings sell a green tea with orange / lemon. it was a bit pricey so i didn't bother buying them.

I just wana ask a questiong if i put green tea on my face how well does the skin absorb it?

does green tea removes the oil on the face?

(*Expert advice required*)

I just wana ask a questiong if i put green tea on my face how well does the skin absorb it?

does green tea removes the oil on the face?

(*Expert advice required*)