Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Theoretically ( sp ), steaming would clean pores, but how often should this be done? I see no harm doing it everyday? But some would say once a week.

Another thing. If I steam and use neosporin, would that be bad? Some say neosporin is good but should also be used only for like a week and stop because of the chemicals it contains.

idk why they say that. my dad had a car accident before and his face was all messed up and scabbed. his face cleared up completely with it without any harm done with the neosporin.

how long would you suggest i use it?

steam and neosporin.. my new regime i guess you could say. thanks!

I've heard a lot of different views on steaming. Some people love it but others say that it just aggrevates your skin without any real benefits.

But you can always try it to see if it works for you!

I used to steam my face about 2 times a week. I haven't done it in over a year though. What I did was boil some tap water in a pan on the stove. I put enough water in the pan to fill a salad bowl. After the water was boiling, I would pour this hot water into the bowl. Don't fill it up to the rim though. I would then add sea salt or iodized salt, about a couple of handfuls. The salt should dissolve. If you put too much in there, then you'll notice it sits on the bottom of the bowl. Next, take the bowl and place it on a table and grab a medium size bath towel. You'll want to place the towel over your head. Lower your face down above the bowl, but not too close to where the steam is burning your face. With the towel over your head, and your head lowered above the bowl, let the steam rise into your skin. Make sure your towel is not allowing the steam to exit. I would keep steaming for about 10 minutes. Don't steam for more than 10 minutes. After you are nice and sweaty, go wash your face with whatever cleanser you use. Since your pores are open, this will allow the cleanser to get into the pores. You are done. It feels pretty nice too once you are finished. Good luck.

I used to steam my face about 2 times a week. I haven't done it in over a year though.

Thanks for your step by step instructions bedrock. Why did you stop?

Good question! No, I guess I stopped because I don't feel the need to do anymore. I got rid of my acne about a year ago. Now, I'm just trying to get rid of my oily skin. And since I've tried everything under the sun to get rid of my oily skin, nothing seems to work. Not even steaming. I do love the feeling when your done steaming though.

For me steaming causes breakouts the day after. I used to use the steamroom, but the next day I get a lot of inflamed pastules. I think steaming will open up and clear the pores, I have a feeling that the first few steams will result in breakouts though. I think if you tried a consistent regimen of steaming 2 or 3 times a week it might get you somewhere. Im too scared to try it, I don't like the feel of my acne after it being steamed.