Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lagomorph

Does Garnier's Pure A regimen exfoliate too often?

I've been trying the Garnier Pure A night and day "intensive treatment" products (one a moisturiser with salicyclic acid, the other seemingly just an exfoliant) in combination with their deep foaming facial cleanser (which also supposedly has an exfoliating effect.)

These are the products:

Foaming cleanser

Active moisturiser

Night-time treatment

Now, the regimen recommended with these three products is to clean the face with the cleanser and apply the moisturiser in the morning, and then to clean the face with the cleanser and apply the night-time treatment at night. Technically, does this amount to exfoliation four times a day? The % of salicyclic acid isn't given with the products, so is it more likely it's just a lesser concentration that can be used twice daily without adverse effect?

I have been using the combination of products for a week (and just the cleanser itself for a month) and feel reservedly optimistic, but it's still early to be sure; and the knowledge that I'm exfoliating so often worries me a bit.