Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been using the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser for Normal to Oily skin now for a week as I have only just begun the regimen. I have recently encountered the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser which this site recommends but the Facial cleanser says that it keeps pores unclogged while the Gentle Cleanser only claims to wash delicate skin. Please help me in deciding, I am using Neutrogena on the Spot Acne Treatment and Neutrogena Combination Skin Moisturizer as well. Thanks in advance :surprised:

Either one is fine. It's your preference.

If you have oily skin or wear makeup, I'd recommend the Daily cleanser rather than the Gentle cleanser though.

I originally bought the one for oily skin too and then switched to the gentle. I think gentle is milder and more appropriate for the DKR. You will notice the oily skin version has heaps more ingredients than the gentle one. I always think less ingredients = less irritation.

the normal to oily cetaphil is for just that - normal to oily skin. the gentle version is for all skin types. i would not use the normal to oily version unless your skin is truly normal to oily. i have dry skin and it was just too drying for me. i agree though if you have make-up to remove, the gentle version really isn't the way to go either unless you use a make-up remover first.

i agree though if you have make-up to remove, the gentle version really isn't the way to go either unless you use a make-up remover first.

DKR makes ur skin dry so normal to oily isnt for good..... It should say Dry to oily..LOL

I been using the gentle cetaphil and i like it because it doesnt dry the skin.. then I wanted to try the daily normal to oily but it was too irritating and dry up my skin.. I think Im gonna go back to the gentle one..................

Like she said: " less ingredient = less irritation"

I have normal/dry skin but I actually prefer the normal-to-oily cleanser to the gentle one. I don't find it drying at all, and I do feel like it does a better job of removing oil/BP/moisturizer/makeup residue than the gentle cleanser does. I use Dan's cleanser but when I used to use the Cetaphil normal-to-oily cleanser, I would use only a very small amount of it (little dime-sized puddle in my palm) and wash my whole face with that amount. Using less cleanser makes it less drying.

I don't wear makeup so thats not a problem but thanks a lot for the help... I think I will be sticking with the Normal to Oily as It seems to remove the BP and moisturizer more than the gentle.