Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dj23

How do you manage to avoid junk food?

I noticed when I eat healthier my skin get better. I have a big problem with eating too much pasta and junk..it's hard to avoid it because my whole family eats a lot of carbs foods and stuff that acne people are never supposed to eat. I don't usually eat candy but we always have stuff like cookies in the house and that is another one of my weaknesses. So what are the best ways to get my mind off of the junk food esp. when I see other people eating it? At work school home etc. it seems like junk food is EVERYWHERE.

I will always go for about a day eating completely healthy and then I will give in to the urge and end up eating more junk than I usually would..kind of like a hungry bear!! lol does anyone have some advice? or has anyone managed to longer than a day without 'bad' foods? I sound soo pathetic but god its a hard thing to do!

make sure to always have healthy snacks in stock (fruits, vegetables most importantly). ask your family if they can try cooking whole grain pasta as an option (tastes very good to me, actually), carry a bottle of water around with you

I just don't buy it and i avoid it all together. I always eat fruits and veggies! YUMMY! LOL!

I just don't buy it, but I realise that's not very good advice for someone who doesn't have control of what is brought into the home.

I think Alternativista's advice is good. Keep your tank full of good stuff.

There's plenty of junk food in my cupboard at home but there's also a lot of healthy food too. I always make sure I eat something good that fills me up at regular intervals - fruit, vegetables, wholemeal bread etc. Water is also good, I keep loading up on that.

A few months ago I used to eat a piece of chocolate at night with a glass of milk, but I stopped that now, because both are apparently bad for acne (although I still get breakouts :(). That has been the only change in my diet recently and it was the only junk food I ate.

A few months ago I used to eat a piece of chocolate at night with a glass of milk, but I stopped that now, because both are apparently bad for acne (although I still get breakouts :(). That has been the only change in my diet recently and it was the only junk food I ate.

Have a small piece of chocolate after a meal instead. It's the sugar that's bad, but a small amount won't have an impact after a healthy meal.