Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
petal81

How long before BP works?

Hi all,

Quick question really, How long before a 5% BP applied every night will work? I've been using it for over a month and am seeing no changes only a worsening. How long does that last?! I guess the truth is it'sdifferent for everyone but ballpark?

i know everyone's skin is different, but usually it takes atleast 8 weeks to start seeing results. you may notice your skin getting a little worse before it gets better. this usually happens in weeks 3-6. i wouldn't give up on it just yet. are you taking an antibiotic too? you may want to consider it. this way you'll be treating internally and externally. are you using anything in conjuction with the bp?

i know everyone's skin is different, but usually it takes atleast 8 weeks to start seeing results. you may notice your skin getting a little worse before it gets better. this usually happens in weeks 3-6. i wouldn't give up on it just yet. are you taking an antibiotic too? you may want to consider it. this way you'll be treating internally and externally. are you using anything in conjuction with the bp?

I'm on Dianette. Is it okay to take the pill and an antibiotic together?

I'm on Dianette. Is it okay to take the pill and an antibiotic together?

You need to talk to your Doctor or Pharmasist. Yes, antibiotics can mess with birth control pills as can steriods.

oh ok 8 weeks.... I've been using the BP now for about 3 weeks... new ones seem at bay, but general look of my face deosnt seem to be improving... I will however continue for the 8 weeks

Thanks for the info...