Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kcr

tretinoin .025% for back and chest?

Hi all! I did a forum search, but couldn't really find a lot of info on this, so I figured I'd ask. I'm starting generic retin-a (tretinoin .025%) soon, and I wanted to know if anyone has used it on their back and/or chest (particularly females) and if it helped? Did you get an initial breakout in these areas, or any bad peeling, etc?

Just some background, I've suffered from acne since I was about 11, and it was pretty bad. I used retin-a at 12, various antibiotics for over 10 years, and a lot of topical prescriptions. 2 courses of accutane at age 23 and 25. bcps for 15 years.

I'm now 33 and my skin looks the best it ever has, but it's not clear. And just in the last month or so my back and chest, and sometimes even my neck, have been breaking out like crazy. I'm glad it's not my face, but it's still frustrating. I also ever so often get a painful one inside my ear.

I got off the pill last year (due to other reasons. I have cfs and fibromyalgia and the pill was making some symptoms worse). I currently was with cetaphil (for normal to oily skin) morning and night and use benzaclin, which seems to be losing some effectiveness after almost 5 years of use. My derm won't let me try spiro unless I go back on the pill, so for now that option is out.

What really seemed to make my skin clearer after the 2nd course of accutane was the combo of benzaclin (when it was working) and a daily "cocktail" of omega 3, selenium, b complex, zinc, bee pollen and vitamin e. (I stopped taking the vitamins for a few months and I broke out worse than I have for a long time, so I'm pretty convinced they help me, especially the omega 3s).

at my age I now have not just acne but also the start of some signs of aging, so I figured retin-a would be a good switch, since the benzaclin is not working as well anymore. I had great results from retin-a when I first used way back in the seventh grade, so I'm hoping for a repeat of that success.

Hi all! I did a forum search, but couldn't really find a lot of info on this, so I figured I'd ask. I'm starting generic retin-a (tretinoin .025%) soon, and I wanted to know if anyone has used it on their back and/or chest (particularly females) and if it helped? Did you get an initial breakout in these areas, or any bad peeling, etc?

Just some background, I've suffered from acne since I was about 11, and it was pretty bad. I used retin-a at 12, various antibiotics for over 10 years, and a lot of topical prescriptions. 2 courses of accutane at age 23 and 25. bcps for 15 years.

I'm now 33 and my skin looks the best it ever has, but it's not clear. And just in the last month or so my back and chest, and sometimes even my neck, have been breaking out like crazy. I'm glad it's not my face, but it's still frustrating. I also ever so often get a painful one inside my ear.

I got off the pill last year (due to other reasons. I have cfs and fibromyalgia and the pill was making some symptoms worse). I currently was with cetaphil (for normal to oily skin) morning and night and use benzaclin, which seems to be losing some effectiveness after almost 5 years of use. My derm won't let me try spiro unless I go back on the pill, so for now that option is out.

What really seemed to make my skin clearer after the 2nd course of accutane was the combo of benzaclin (when it was working) and a daily "cocktail" of omega 3, selenium, b complex, zinc, bee pollen and vitamin e. (I stopped taking the vitamins for a few months and I broke out worse than I have for a long time, so I'm pretty convinced they help me, especially the omega 3s).

at my age I now have not just acne but also the start of some signs of aging, so I figured retin-a would be a good switch, since the benzaclin is not working as well anymore. I had great results from retin-a when I first used way back in the seventh grade, so I'm hoping for a repeat of that success.

yes. i use retin-a .5 on my back and chest every night and it helps. make sure you use a gentle cleanser and wait atleast 20 mins before putting on. during the day i just moisturize with aveeno moisturizing lotion. i wash with aveeno cleanser.

I tried it, but it became too much of a hassle to try to put Retin-A on my neck, chest, and back.

Also, when I sweat, it becomes itchy and red.