Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aimee_lou_uk

Accutane users 1 month+ Advice on dryness?

So how dry does the skin actually get? I have been taking it since Dec 16th, and have dry lips, which i use carmex & vaseline on as often as poss!

wash my face with warm water on a morning and I moisturise my face on a morning with E45, and have stopped wearing foundation for work (I used 2 b paranoid about not wearing makeup- its not that bad actually...) and on an evening, i wash my face with clearasil gentle wash for sensitive skin and then apply a good amount of E45 and leave it to soak in abit, and then apply emu oil.

Does this seem effective enough to combat the dryness?

I take 40mg a day accutane

Aimee

So how dry does the skin actually get? I have been taking it since Dec 16th, and have dry lips, which i use carmex & vaseline on as often as poss!

wash my face with warm water on a morning and I moisturise my face on a morning with E45, and have stopped wearing foundation for work (I used 2 b paranoid about not wearing makeup- its not that bad actually...) and on an evening, i wash my face with clearasil gentle wash for sensitive skin and then apply a good amount of E45 and leave it to soak in abit, and then apply emu oil.

I take 40mg a day accutane

Aimee

Bumpity

Not to be a smart alec, but aren't you the only one that can really answer that?

My own (a guy) personal regimen is -- use vaseline on my lips and around my mouth at night. I've found it keeps this area very well moisturized for when I wake up in the morning. Then I take a shower (only using water to rinse my face, no soap) and apply a heavy, non-comedogenic cream on my face afterwards. By mid-day I'll usually start to dry out (especially if it's a windy or a dry day) so I keep the same cream at my desk at work, and carry around a small bottle of vaseline in my jacket pocket. At night I wash with a gentle face soap.

Even with all this, I still find my face drying out on me without even realizing it. I don't think there's any way around it if you're on a higher dosage (I'm on 80mg/day at 200 lbs). You can only minimize it.

I agree with the post above, I used vaseline on my lips before going to bed. It all depends on how you feel. For me I had to moisturize my face before going to bed or else I would wake up the next morning with dry cracking skin. Do what you feel is necessary to feel comfortable.

I wouldnt use the clearasil wash if it has any anti-acne products in it such as salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.

Aside from that moisturise alot and you will be fine :)

Like the above posters said. Carry a moisturizer and something for your lips around with you all the time.

And in my experience at least... the dryness gets better after about a month.