Notifications
Clear all

Will most teenagers outgrow their mild acne?

MemberMember
(@cidiv)

Posted : 01/04/2008 7:42 am

Generally speaking, do most(yes i know not everyone outgrows it) teenagers outgrow their mild acne? I know that by looking on this forum, those who browse this forum are the unlucky ones who haven't outgrown it. So the question - do most teens really outgrow their mild acne?

MemberMember
(@kapeedmaro)

Posted : 01/04/2008 8:13 am

Generally speaking, do most(yes i know not everyone outgrows it) teenagers outgrow their mild acne? I know that by looking on this forum, those who browse this forum are the unlucky ones who haven't outgrown it. So the question - do most teens really outgrow their mild acne?

most of my friends did

MemberMember
(@cidiv)

Posted : 01/04/2008 8:21 am

most of my friends did

Same here. Ive got a lot of mates who are 22/23 now who used to have pimples/mild acne and then when i saw them on nye their skin was flawless. I've got a lot of mates at the moment who re my age who suffer from some form of acne or pimples and I'm just waiting to grow out of the damn thing.

MemberMember
(@smc0617)

Posted : 01/04/2008 8:29 am

i think if you treat the problem from the beginning the liklihood of reoccuring acne will greatly diminish. the problem won't be as significant. some people continue to get acne throughout adulthood and some people in their 50-60's still get acne. i think it depends on the person and the medicines they're using.

MemberMember
(@thechangingman)

Posted : 01/04/2008 9:53 am

People grow up at different speeds, I'm still clinging to the hope that my acne will reduce in the next few years. I still get growing pains at 19 so i presume theres still some hormonal stuff going on inside me.

MemberMember
(@clapyourhands09)

Posted : 01/04/2008 11:07 am

My sister had acne in high school and middle school. Now she's twenty and pretty much completely clear. I hope I am as lucky...

MemberMember
(@the_bane_of_my_life)

Posted : 01/04/2008 11:13 am

i would say yes.

For example, i have a friend who used to be quite bad - equally as bad as i am - and he is now clear (lucky so nd so)

Generally - i believe anyway - it is a hormonal thing which will effectively be corrected with time.

MemberMember
(@hoping-for-clear-skin)

Posted : 10/14/2014 12:20 pm

My sister had acne in high school and middle school. Now she's twenty and pretty much completely clear. I hope I am as lucky...

Hey there

I'm 19 too, and I've had acne since age 10. It was mild at the beginning (forehead only) and then crept downward. I had it pretty bad in high school (red, inflammatory, some pus, disgusting), but it subsided around age 18. Now I'm 19, I have a lot of clogged pores and tiny skin-coloured bumps and some whiteheads. Everybody in my family (and extended family) has perfect flawless skin (my mom has dry skin and my dad normal skin, i know for sure im not adopted, i look exactly like my dad), i dont have hormonal imbalances (I've undergone blood tests three times last year). I'm a 19-year-old female, i wonder if i'm still experiencing teenage acne OR it already transitioned into adult acne... i try to remain optmistic but a lot of people tell me that i'd have acne for life and im losing hope.. thanks for your reply i appreciate