Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pedroal3xandre

Ingredients that cause Pore Clogging

Hello nice people!

I found on this topic Accepting questions for esthetician interview here in ACNE.ORG a list from ingredients that we should not use it on face cause it causes pore clogging.

Click here for the pdf

So, i start checking my products if any of them as this Pore Clogging Ingredients. And i am surprised, cause many of them has at least one or two substances of the list! I am very frustated with all this...Some were bought on a Herbal/Natural Shop and i thought they were just fine.

My Moisturizer Cetaphil has "Cetearyl Alcohol" & "Ceteareth 20" (use everyday)

My Exfoliant has "Cetearyl Alcohol" & "Sodium Lauryl Sualfate" (bought yesterday)

My Shave Foam has "Stearic Acid" & "Laureth-23" (use twice a week)

My Deodorant has "Stearic Acid" & "Propylene Glycol" (use everyday)

Someone can give me light on this subject? Do i really have to stop using all this products?

Hello nice people!

I found on this topic Accepting questions for esthetician interview here in ACNE.ORG a list from ingredients that we should not use it on face cause it causes pore clogging.

Click here for the pdf

So, i start checking my products if any of them as this Pore Clogging Ingredients. And i am surprised, cause many of them has at least one or two substances of the list! I am very frustated with all this...Some were bought on a Herbal/Natural Shop and i thought they were just fine.

My Moisturizer Cetaphil has "Cetearyl Alcohol" & "Ceteareth 20" (use everyday)

My Exfoliant has "Cetearyl Alcohol" & "Sodium Lauryl Sualfate" (bought yesterday)

My Shave Foam has "Stearic Acid" & "Laureth-23" (use twice a week)

My Deodorant has "Stearic Acid" & "Propylene Glycol" (use everyday)

Someone can give me light on this subject? Do i really have to stop using all this products?

Are there any non pore-clogging shaving creams? I worry everytime I shave presently because I feel like the cream is doing me no favours even if its only on for a moment.

Thanks willow569! I will figure out a way to avoid this..

TheChangingman, about your question i dont know any shaving cream without this non pore-clogging substances, yet...

But...do u shave many times a week? I only do it twice...Lucky me i guess.

Kind of depends, I've started avoiding shaving much because I think the new cream I'm using is leading to breakouts - I have that luxury as I'm still on break for the holidays, I'm not a scruff ;)

Normally I'd shave every day or couple of days. I used to have some 'sensitive' shaving cream which was quite good, I think it was gillette.

Sometimes i shave me first with a hair cut machine then i shave me with a gillette...

But, knowing now that my shave cream has pore-clogging substances i will try next time to create my own shave foam with a good soap, cause...it seems like most products on the market has at least a couple of pore-clogging substances. :think: