Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You are very welcome. My plan when I began the mandelic was to completely discontinue the BP, however, I have to see how that goes as well lol! Pesky little spots just have a mind of their own! What I love to do with a spot coming up is spot treat with 100% tea tree oil right on the spot at night. I cover my entire face with the mandelic, so I know that spot already has the mandelic on it, then I apply the tto to the spot only using a small brush, like an eyeliner or lip brush. You could use a Q-tip as well but it just sucks up so much more tto than a little brush. No kidding, by the very next day, a variety of different spots have decreased in size, redness, pain, just anger lol. I continue using it nightly, last spot treatment over everything else I used that night, and it really seems to make them go down quicker. I have had each spot last ONLY between 3 and 6 days without as much subsequent redness! I know some people hate oil and this is the first time I've ever tried it for a couple of months, but I continually am amazed at how well it works. So it's like I have the bp if I want to do the bp thing AM, then the mandelic for its properties or other acids PM, then lastly the tto as a spot treatment PM. It makes my eyes water though haha.

Hope that helps!

I think I'm ready to try a honey mask. Which type of honey do you recommend I use? And should I add something else with it?

Hey Jenstar, I'm glad that MaMa Lotion is doing great for you since I use MaMa Lotion as well and I'm also thinking of switching over to NuCelle 15%.

But I have a question for you, although I was satisfied with MaMa Lotion, I still kept getting pimples (3-5 @ a time :( ) so I eventually had to stop MaMa Lotion for a bit and I've been using BP for few days (which is keeping me clear better than MaMa lotion for now). So do you know if you can use mandelic acid with benzoyl peroxide like BP in the morning and mandelic at night? or any other ways to just use them both? thanks

Hi Dawn - LOL - yes, I did misinterpret what you had said.

I am interested in the Eucerin - Redness Relief SPF 15 but I don't think they sell it in Australia. I have been looking out for it and whenever I ask at a pharmacy, they've never heard of it. I never quite knew the Dove moisturiser Vivi used. I once posted her a link to see if it were the same as the one I found but she hasn't responded or written anything in her log since late December. This is the one I've been using recently. It's lovely, light and non-greasy. http://www.mydove.com.au/face_moisturisers...-day-lotion.asp

A few days ago I switched to this Dove one because I was a sucker for the 'face brightening' marketing but I don't think it's as good and might be contributing to a breakout I've just had in the past few days. It contains more ingredients and you get heaps less for about the same money. http://www.mydove.com.au/face_moisturisers...moisturiser.asp

You may not have these exact Dove products in the US or you may have them but just in different packaging.

Just thought I'd check in to see how your skin was doing after that little nose surprise :evil: and if you have experienced any more breaking out recently.

Hi Dawn -

I am interested in the Eucerin - Redness Relief SPF 15 but I don't think they sell it in Australia. I have been looking out for it and whenever I ask at a pharmacy, they've never heard of it. I never quite knew the Dove moisturiser Vivi used. I once posted her a link to see if it were the same as the one I found but she hasn't responded or written anything in her log since late December. This is the one I've been using recently. It's lovely, light and non-greasy. http://www.mydove.com.au/face_moisturisers...-day-lotion.asp

Sorry, I am posting again but I have huge problem! I have on my chin what started with 1 under the skin pimple a few days ago and by the end of the day last night, I could feel 3 large cyst like and under the skin pimples that make my chin look swollen! I popped an Aleve, applied a large app of MA last night, and then about 3 hours later, iced it, appled 10% bp - iced. They are down a little bit from yesterday, but I don't remember if I saw this as any of the first results of MA? I have using a full week yesterday?

I have been getting acne around my chin area alot - hormonal I am sure. Since this is where most of my flare ups have been the past few months, may be a sign of purging? But not sure if this is that or MA?

Haah!!!!

Hi Dawn. I didn't get any initial purging from MA.

Sorry guys - I may be off the org for a little while. My husband has left me and I am going through a very tough time at the moment and busy with reorganising my life and future. :cry:

Sorry guys - I may be off the org for a little while. My husband has left me and I am going through a very tough time at the moment and busy with reorganising my life and future. :cry:

:cry: OMG Jenstar! I'm soo sorry to hear that! I'm here for you if you need to talk, you can always PM me. I'll be praying for you. Try to be strong for your kids, I'm sure things will get easier soon. Just hang in there and have your family around you for support.

Love,

WildFlower

:cry: OMG Jenstar! I'm soo sorry to hear that! I'm here for you if you need to talk, you can always PM me. I'll be praying for you. Try to be strong for your kids, I'm sure things will get easier soon. Just hang in there and have your family around you for support.

Love,

WildFlower

Hi Everybody

It's now been 1 month and it has been a horrific time for us. Turns out my husband was and still is having an affair with someone he works with and it had been going on for several months. Our house is for sale and we are divorcing. He is living with her. We were together 16 years and married for 8 of those. Our 3rd child is due in 4 weeks.

On the skin front, I haven't been as diligent with my regimen. There have been some nights where I have slept with my make up on from pure grief and exhaustion. I am still using MaMa Lotion, would you believe? My NuCelle arrived a while ago but they sent me another MaMa sample so I decided to use that up first. On the nights I have slept with my make up on I haven't used MaMa and my face has had the odd breakout also due to all the stress. On the whole, it's not too bad and I haven't had time or inclination to do any honey masks.

Hope to keep up with the boards again although I don't think I will be as regular poster as I was. Let me know the progress you guys are experiencing. Look forward to hearing from you all again soon. A big thankyou for the personal PMs and all your support.

I'm so sorry about your marriage. :cry: *hugs* But I feel worse for your unborn child. I can only imagine what it is like grow up in a broken family.

Good luck with your skin and everything else.

I can't believe it, I was hoping it was something else! I am so glad to hear from you. Stay strong and pm me anytime you need to!

Check out Manuka Honey's log first when you get a chance!

Thanks Dawn.

16th week of MaMa Lotion.

Current Regimen:

AM

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser with warm water

Pat dry with towel, allow to dry naturally for further 5-10 minutes

Dove Energy Glow brightening moisturiser

Wait 10-20 minutes before applying makeup

Other

Supplements: 2 non-reflux salmon oil capsules, 1 pregnancy multi-vitamin

Make-up: Dermablend Smooth Indulgence concealer, Shiseido SPF 35 compact makeup, Almay blush

PM

'Simple' Conditioning Eye Make-up Remover

MaMa Lotion - an AHA of 10% mandelic & 10% malic acid

Hey Jenstar!- It's so nice to see you back on again even if occasionally. You have a lot on your plate right now, and I wish you the very best in dealing with everything! Take care of yourself and the little ones! I can't believe what happened - I'm so sorry!

Hi Jenstar,

I hope you're feeling better. How's the last month of pregnancy going? I remember how uncomfortable it was to be 9 months pregnant and due any day. I was one week over due when they induced me and my baby was HUGE :) I was in labor for 22 hours!! And four of those hours were spent pushing!! It was tough but so worth it.

Anyway, let us know when you have the baby, ok? And maybe you can share your birth story with us :)

Best wishes

^^^ My sentiments exactly WildFlower!

Jenstar~ For some reason today I was thinking about your last few weeks of pregnancy and wondering how everything is going for you. I hope you and the little ones are doing well and can't wait to hear about the newest member of your family! Take care!

Hi Everyone

Max Riley born 2nd May weighing 10lb 7oz. Max is a very healthy, placid baby and breastfeeding well. It's been nearly 3 months since my husband walked out on us. My other 2 young daughters, baby and I are doing okay. I have great family and friend support. The house has just sold and we will be moving in about 30 days to live with my parents until we find our feet. Thanks everyone for the messages of support.

It's also been nearly 3 months since I began NuCelle. At first I was alternating between 10% and 15% and now I just stick with 10% as I found the 15% to be too drying. Despite all the stress and emotional turmoil in my life right now, I can honestly say my skin has never looked better.

All up I have been using mandelic acid for the past 6 months. The first 3 months I used MaMa Lotion. I prefer NuCelle because it's less sticky, more economical and absorbs readily into the skin. I have not had any acne or pimples whatsover for the past few months now and hardly any scarring. The texture of my skin is always smooth with nothing to pick at. It's amazing! I thoroughly recommend NuCelle and this is coming from someone who has been on a quest for clear skin for the past 20 years. I do like honey masks but I simply haven't done any for the past 3 months and my skin is still great.

The main thing I have learned is to listen to my skin. If it ever feels dry or slightly flakey, I will moisturise after cleansing and not use any NuCelle. For deep moisturising, I use Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion.

Current Regimen:

AM

NuCelle 10% Mandelic Acid Serum

NuCelle Mandelic Eyelift Creme (2% mandelic acid)

Dove Protective Moisturising Lotion SPF 15

Wait 10-20 minutes before applying makeup

Other

Supplements: 2 non-reflux salmon oil capsules, 1 multi-vitamin for lactating mothers

Make-up: Dermablend Smooth Indulgence concealer, Shiseido SPF 35 compact makeup, Almay blush

PM

'Simple' Conditioning Eye Make-up Remover

NuCelle 10% Mandelic Acid Serum

NuCelle Mandelic Eyelift Creme (2% mandelic acid)

So glad to hear from you. Justamom and I pm each other wondering if either of us has heard anything! Max sounds beautiful and BIG. My boy was my largest -9lbs 7oz and 22 inches long. I have no idea where he fit!

It sounds like you are getting things more "in order" through all the craziness you have had to go through and I hope you realize how strong and powerful you are, dealing with pregnancy and childbirth and then the care of 3 children through a time like this. There is not a single man in the world that could do that, even if they "could"!

Glad your face is fabulous! Woud you recc the eye cream from Nucelle after using it for a while?

More importantly, take care of yourself. Mentally and physically, as much as possible. Baby blues came in and out for me and I didn't really know it, until I look back now.

Please keep in touch. Big Hugs to all 4 of you!

Congratulations on new little (big lol) Max! Being a calm baby he will fit in really well with 3 lovely ladies already in the house lol! I'm sure he will have all the nurturing he ever needs not only from a wonderful mom, but also with two beautiful big sisters and extended family! Your family and friends sound wonderful! You are truly lucky to have them in your life, and the kids will reap all the rewards of having a loving family all around them.

Your skin sounds like you have found your routine, finally after 20 years of trial and error! I'm still using all my products and my skin has also been doing well. I have my MaMa and NuCelle but I still enjoy using some of the other acids. I have found I achieve the best results for my skin by alternating products. The MaMa is more sticky than the NuCelle, however, since I only use it at night, it does go into my skin without any problems. The NuCelle does disappear into my skin and is a better value, I agree.

Take care and I wish you the best of luck on your move and getting back on your feet. It's so nice not having to worry about your skin while you have so many more important issues at hand! Nice to hear from you again!

Thanks JustaMomToo. It just goes to show that in my case, I have disproved the theory that extreme stress and trauma does not cause or contribute to acne when you have the right measures (such as mandelic acid) to control it. Nice to know I have friends here on the board who care about me too.

hey i just wanted to drop in and say congratulations on your new baby.

this thread has helped me immensely. i actually had stopped using nucelle all together because it made my skin too flakey but once again you have provided valuable information and i too will stick with 10%.

thank you for contributing so much to this community.

also,

"The main thing I have learned is to listen to my skin. If it ever feels dry or slightly flakey, I will moisturise after cleansing and not use any NuCelle. For deep moisturising, I use Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion."

this is an excellent statement.

i was too obsessed with concentration, amount, etc.

i was treating my face as if it were a dirty floor that had to be burned/scrubbed as hard as possible in order to clean it of the acne.

it's definitely all about nurturing your skin and treating it delicately.