Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omgu8myrice

Mandellic Acid, what should I get? Need some input from Nucelle Mandellic acid users!

So I'm thinking of trying that Nucelle Mandellic acid stuff but I'm not sure what I should get. I was gonna get the whole kit but it's $100 :S And I doubt it'll work on me since nothing else seems to.

Should I just get the 15% serum or start with the 10%. How many times a day do you apply it? Do you cover your entire face or just the infected spots?

Thanks for any help!

Just get the 10% serum only. Cleanse and moisturise with gentle products. You start every other day for the first week or two then gradually build it up to once a day and then twice daily. A small pea sized amount is applied to the entire face. I use MaMa lotion which is very similar but am hoping to change over to NuCelle very soon.

I agree with Jenstar. Definetely start with the 10%, because it can really dry your skin and make your skin peel the first few days. It kinda snuck up on me, because I didn't start peeling until after close to a week, but then all of a sudden my whole face was flaky. And start out slowly and gradually increase how much you use it, so your skin doesn't get irritated.

I cover my entire face with it in the mornings, and just spot treat any inflamed acne with it at night, because I use Green Cream, instead of mandelic, on my entire face at night.

I actually use more than a pea-size amount like Jenstar does. I actually use a full pump on each cheek, a full pump on my forehead, and a full pump split between my nose and my chin.

I actually use more than a pea-size amount like Jenstar does. I actually use a full pump on each cheek, a full pump on my forehead, and a full pump split between my nose and my chin.

Has it been clearing up your acne pretty well so far? It's $35 for a small tube of it and I'm already crying over the immense amount of money I've spent so far and still have terrible acne.

I'm definitely heaps clearer. My skin feels smooth, my pores are smaller. It's the best I've seen my skin in years and years. Go mandelic acid! It's worth the money. I only spent $6 on 4 tiny MaMa samples. I am only half way through my second sample tube and I'm entering my 5th week. A little goes a long way.

If you want the Nucelle mandelic, order it from skincarerx.com rather than nucelle.com. The Nucelle website sells 2 oz. bottles for $30, while Skincarerx sells 4 oz bottles for 35.90- a much better deal.

If you want the Nucelle mandelic, order it from skincarerx.com rather than nucelle.com. The Nucelle website sells 2 oz. bottles for $30, while Skincarerx sells 4 oz bottles for 35.90- a much better deal.

Hey, I've been using the 10% serum for about 3 weeks now. I have a combination of inflamed acne, cysts, and large pores on my nose that always seem to have blackheads in them. So far, I'm extremely happy with the results. I have had no new acne since I began using it with the exception of a cyst that began forming before the product could have done anything about it. My red marks from previous outbreaks are fading very rapidly and the pores on my nose haven't been this tight and blackhead free since I was 12 :)

I would say it's important for the first week to use nothing else on your face other very gentle cleansers and moisturizers. I tried to keep using my salicylic face wash and my AHA moisturizer but it was too much. My face was flaky and irritated looking. Once I dropped those, my face felt great and was looking better and better.

I say give it shot. I'll be moving up to 15% with my next order.

i decided to go with nucelle instead of mama lotion because i read nucelle feels better.

i bought the 10% and 15% concentrations and will alternate.

i already used a 20% glycolic cleanser and 30% glycolic lotion with no problems.

i am planning to continue to use my glycolic cleanser before i apply the nucelle serum.

is it okay to use two different ahas at the same time?

the glycolic is a cleanser so it will be rinsed off before i apply the nucelle serum.

i decided to go with nucelle instead of mama lotion because i read nucelle feels better.

i already used a 20% glycolic cleanser and 30% glycolic lotion with no problems.

I would use the 10% for at least 1-2 weeks before trying the 15%. I used glycolic acid with no problems before I switched to the Nucelle, and after 3 days of the Nucelle, my skin was peeling like crazy and very dry. The irritation can sneak up on you too- I had used it with no problems the first 3 days, but when I woke up the fourth day, my skin was a peeling mess. You don't want to irritate your skin too much, because that can cause even more breakouts. Just take it slow.

Well so far I've only been using the Level 3 Green Cream for about 1-2 weeks. It sinks into my skin really well and doesn't leave my skin looking or feeling greasy, but I'm not noticing any results yet (it can take 6-8 weeks for results).

At night, I spot treat any inflamed breakouts with the Nucelle, then wait 15-30 minutes, and then apply the Green Cream over my entire face, including the places I spot treated. It takes mandelic acid about a half hour to entirely sink in and do it's job, so I try to wait a half hour before layering anything on top of the mandelic, but if I'm really tired and just want to go to bed, then I might only wait 15 minutes before applying the green cream.