Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zery

Found a shaving gel that eliminates my acne!

Hey all, I registered here because I just can't keep this information to myself. I hope I'm in the right forum... Anyway, a while back I started to use a new shaving gel - Edge Advanced Gel for Sensitive Skin with Aloe - and noticed after just a few days that my acne cleared up. I usually got a new pimple on my face or neck every couple days, but all of a sudden my acne stopped completely. I hadn't changed my routine at all, except for the new shaving gel.

After enjoying it for a month or so I decided to perform a test to ensure that the shaving gel was in fact the cause, because I still couldn't believe it. So I bought some Edge Advanced Pro Gel Extra Protection and started using it instead. Within just a few days I had two pimples, and then soon afterwards I had six.

Needless to say I quickly switched back to the other gel, and within days again my acne cleared up and now I'm never going back. I just thought I'd share this with you all, because I'm sure it could work for someone else out there if it works for me. If you do decide to try it, here is a tip: leave the foam sit on your worst acne areas for a minute or two before shaving it off. It may burn a bit, especially when you first start using the gel, but believe me - if you shave it off too soon, it won't help nearly as much.

And in case you're wondering, I also use AcneFree Repair Lotion (3.7 percent BP) twice daily after washing my face with Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, and I usually only shave every other day (as a side note, AcneFree did wonders on my shoulder acne).

I really hope this information helps someone else get rid of their acne, and please feel free to ask me any questions!

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the shaving which is clearing you up rather then the gel.

I started shaving over my whole face 2 weeks ago and the results are remarkable. Not only is it the best exfoliating method I've ever tried but it also seems to keep my from breaking out. Haven't had a single pimple since I started

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the shaving which is clearing you up rather then the gel.

I started shaving over my whole face 2 weeks ago and the results are remarkable. Not only is it the best exfoliating method I've ever tried but it also seems to keep my from breaking out. Haven't had a single pimple since I started

The prvious acne could have shaving related or even something like razor bumps. Acne and razor bumps can appear almost identical. I have noticed the same thing, though. If I use anything other than Aveeno shaving gel, the little bumps come back on my jawline and lower cheeks.

The prvious acne could have shaving related or even something like razor bumps. Acne and razor bumps can appear almost identical. I have noticed the same thing, though. If I use anything other than Aveeno shaving gel, the little bumps come back on my jawline and lower cheeks.

Thank-you for sharing your results Zery. I believe that the aloe might have helped clear your skin that was in the shaving gel. I've heard reviews of aloe clearing acne before because it penetrates deep into the pore and leaves it clean, especially since your washing the gel off. This allows the BP that you are using to penetrate more effectively. I'm happy for your results and once again thanks for sharing what works.

It could be that the cure actually worked.

As it is, I have been using an electric shaver for around a year and a half. It doesn't seem to harm my skin in any way, but neither does it ex-foliate like a blade does. Hmm... I have thought about going back to a blade, but as my jawline has been clear for a while I didn't want to risk it. Thanks for the tip though, I'll definitely try it if a time comes when I need to.

Also, I have been using 100% Aloe Gel as a moisturizer for a year or so, and it does wonders! It may very well be the benefits of the Aloe in your shaving gel.

Thanks for the info PWPager08 and Iliad. You're probably right about the aloe helping. I've never tried any other products with aloe before, but I'll definitely keep it in mind.