Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mayan22

can hair treatments cause pimples?

hi all,

i had my hair relaxed last march 07, and again last october 07... after my hair treatments i noticed there were very tiny pimples on my forehead, along the hairline... my derma says this was caused by my periodic hair treatments ( i usually have a hair spa once a week, and conditioner everyday), and she prescribed a regimen for me. she also advised me to stop the spa treatments and the conditioners for the meantime and to use baby shampoo. I did what she asked... but a month later, my pimples did not get any better, in fact, it has gotten worse.. i now have pimples around my mouth and cheek area... hu hu hu... and my skin's red and blotchy from using the prescription which is:

Morning - glycerin soap

Duac Gel (BP plus clindamycin)

PM - glycerin soap

whitening complex

tretinoin 0.25%

..ok, im also spot treating big pimples with tretinoin gel (which causes it to subside fast)..but i think its also irritating my skin since its causing peeling.

my dilemma is, should i continue my regimen or stop it altogether to stop irritating my skin?

help!

Well, for example, if my got spots worse from using a treatment i would stop that treatment altogether.

Try taking a breather from the derm's products to see if you notice an improvement ... i know its hard to stop using products but it might be worth it seeing as your skin was healthier before your regimen.