Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so, it's been real cold around here with 30 mph winds, and my butterfly rash (mostly on the bridge of both sides of the nose) that's normally barely noticeable has been bright red and swelling up a bit... i use a little bit of makeup on it to make my day a little more bareable. so the other day i was in a drug store and saw some kind of lotion in a bottle for Rosacea... which is what i think i have (i have no health insurance so i choose not to see a professional)... i didn't have any money on me so a week later i'm in another drug store looking for this same product, only this time i have money.

can't find it... they don't have it... i don't feel like going somewhere else, so i look around...

i remember using emu oil from my terrible acne days... so the name of this product stuck out to me 'BLUE-EMU'... i picked it up and read it... it didn't say what it was for, but it was next to some of the facial redness products... but also next to the arthritis products.... hmmmm...

$16.99 for a liltte tube...

ok... i'll buy it...

i get it home... google it... oh no! it appears to be for arthritis and joint pain...

i paid $16.99 for it though... so i'm going to try it out, afterall their website says it won't clog pores...

after 2 days... my redness is fading... this is strange... i'm amazed really... this is a fluke... i've tried many products only to have little to no results and then buy a product that isn't designed for this and get results in 2 days? crazy...

but i just thought i'd share... i don't know if this will continue to help, or if it'll help anyone else. i'll update again in a few days... if it continues to work... i'll be happy... i was thinking about just moving to a warmer climate place where i don't have to deal with cold weather... drastic i know...

i've also found aveno extra calming facial wash is the best for myself to use on my redness... and 2 showers a day has gone a long way in keeping the oily skin under control.