Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imjayhawk

When posting pictures .....

All:

Just a request - when posting pictures of your scars or improvements, pls only post pictures without makeup so that we can see clearly what type of scar you have and how much any treatment has helped in improving your scars. You can always crop the pictures if you don't like your picture with scars on the Net - this way you won't be revealing your identity. There is no point in posting pictures that have so much makeup or the pics taken using low-resolution phone cameras - its of no help or sometimes even deceiving.

Having said all this - I'm not trying to put down anybody. This is just a sincere request so that it helps all the people who are suffering from acne scars and want to do something about it. We greatly appreciate any pictures posted on this board.

And make sure the lighting is good and the photo is in focus. The amount of photos I've seen taken up close, dark and out of focus and we are expected to rate someone's acne based on a poor image to begin with.

Make up disguises the discoloration of acne scars but actually accentuates the irregularities of the skin surface. Since I do not have discoloration, my scars (small ice picks and scarred pores) are barely noticable without makeup. I have one small and one medium boxcar scar that show up with a bare face but are more noticeable with make up - even Bare Minerals.

I've taken some baseline photos with and without makeup. The camera's eye only picked up the scars with makeup applied.

Oui, ta raison, quand vous prenez des photos, prenez les sans maquillage parce que cest plus facile pour les gens a voir votre progression.

Yes, thats true, when taking picture, it would be better taking it without makeup so we can see all the individuals improvement.