Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pocahontas21

MY SKIN IS CLEARING UP THANKS TO OIL!

I have been struggling with annoying pimples for a while now but thankfully i think i've found something that works for me: The Oil Cleansing Method.

i probably wouldn't have ever found out about it unless i had been doing some research on mineral oil in skin products.

i have to say i have probably tried every skin care product out there from clearasil to duac gel, to neutrogena and lorreal... nothing seemed to be working for me.

eventually i gave up on all the products specially formulated for "oily/combination" or "acne-prone" skin. i stuck with aveeno ultra-calming face wash and then moisturized with pond's dry skin cream mixed with some eucerin extra-protective lotion. it seemed to be working for a while out in los angeles but now i'm back in humid, sticky florida...*sigh* i miss l.a....

but anyways...back to what i was saying, lol. so i was looking up mineral oil to see if it was bad for skin or not. (pond's dry skin cream's top ingredient is mineral oil) and i came to the conclusion that i should stop using that for my face.

i found this information out on this message forum and as i read through other people's comments, i stopped on something interesting. a woman was describing that yes, mineral oil was bad for skin and then she went on to talk about how she only uses olive oil to cleanse her face and moisturize as well. that sounded very interesting to me and so i decided to do a little more research on it.

that's how i discovered THE OIL CLEANSING METHOD. that evening, i took out our extra-virgin olive oil and decided to give the method a try. after following the steps i looked up at my face and it was glowing. "WOW," i thought. I hadn't experienced such immediate results with a product like that before.

the oil cleansing method recommends you use a cleansing oil combined with a moisturizing oil to both cleanse and moisturize your face. the top two oils mentioned are castor oil and olive oil but i found out that olive oil was a little too thick for me and so i decided to switch over to jojoba oil. i bought the castor oil at a health food's store (if you try this make sure the oils are the finest qualities and make sure the castor oil is cold-pressed) and the jojoba oil as well. i mix a bit of the two in the palms of my hands and massage the oil into my skin. then i lay a hot, wrung-out washcloth over my face and steam the oils to the surface. after two steams i simply wipe any excess oil away and that's that.

this is probably a routine i will continue to use. i love the way the oils feel on my skin and it seems to be helping to clear my skin.

i was skeptical at first "put oil on my face to cleanse my skin???!" but it really does work for me. oil cleanses oil the best. if you are interested in trying this method, please research it first. i did and i'm so happy about it. i feel like it is helping to reverse the harmful things i've done to my skin.

Check out these sites:

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories....&filter=all

http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/sh...612&page=12

:dance:

Thats so great that you found something so beneficial to your skin. Ive heard so many great things about the oil cleansing method from another board that Im a member of. They say it works wonders. But I gotta admit that Im still kinda scared to try it, tho. :rolleyes:

Thats so great that you found something so beneficial to your skin. Ive heard so many great things about the oil cleansing method from another board that Im a member of. They say it works wonders. But I gotta admit that Im still kinda scared to try it, tho. :rolleyes:

hey,..i dont noe bout usin oil to clear pimples..i recently used benzoyl peroxide and it kills the acne,(along with gentle cleanser,moisturizer)..somehow its hard to keep the red marks off,im asian ,but my face is kinda fair so it has red marks,and the benzoyl peels off my skin that it stings from time to time. I guess u dont have problems with red mark skin,lucky you!

Do u noe how to get rid of red marks and how to cover up peeling skin? :rolleyes:

I have tried this in the past also. I have now been using it for one week straight, no other cleansers on my face. Helps acne slightly, no adverse effects.

Wow, this really seems interesting..

I just started other methods, so I can't try this yet. It does make sense though, that oil dissolves oil.

Congratulations on your discovery and success, pocahontas21! Hopefully, your skin continues to improve.

Wow, this really seems interesting..

I just started other methods, so I can't try this yet. It does make sense though, that oil dissolves oil.

Congratulations on your discovery and success, pocahontas21! Hopefully, your skin continues to improve.

Well, I think it would have positive effects because the oils (the olive oil et cetera...), have all the vitamins and other things in them, to restore the damages to the skin a little. I am not too interested in trying it myself as I am not completely sure that this is the best thing for the skin.

PS: I actually got clear off this about 2 years ago although I didn't keep it up for whatever reason. I was pretty young back then, so I don't know what was going on in my thought process, lol. Anyway, one thing I should note is that I actually used only jojoba oil to cleanse my skin, I didn't use any castor or olive oil yet still got good results. Also, I remember at the time I would use dickinsons witch hazel toner after cleansing and then treat w/ tea tree oil... please please please though if you do decide to use tea tree oil now or ever, DILUTE IT, you will burn you're skin otherwise and it won't be pretty. I burned my skin about 1 year ago w/ undiluted TTO and still have a red outline of where it was applied. So, just be cautious...

For some reason I doubt the oil cleansing method will work :wacko:

What I can guarantee is that my change of diet has definitely reduced my oil productions on the face :dance:

My face used to produce tonnes of oil on the cheeks and T zones. But once I stopped consuming refined sugars and fast foods my face has oddly become normal :surprised: Now i would call my face normal skin type O.o

My face started becoming oily when i began using all sorts of products on it....aggravating it. I never had a problem before then. I would really love to try this method, but i'm scared of completely breaking out! I know, in the long run, all these over the counter products are not good for your skin, and i think i eventually will look into something more natural...but i'm not quite there yet. I'm glad you've got good results with this....best of luck to you :)