Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smc0617

do certain foods trigger cystic acne?

It all depends on the individual. Oranges give me cysts on my chin. For others it does absolutely nothing. For others, milk gives them cystic acne.

Also, I know you didn't ask but: too much sugar gives me acne on my cheek bones, and breads give me acne on my cheeks.

Good luck!

Yes! I cannot eat or drink dairy products, I cannot eat peanuts without breaking out. I eat these things anyway because I like the taste, I figure I only have one life to live, and acne wont last my entire lifetime

Yes! I cannot eat or drink dairy products, I cannot eat peanuts without breaking out. I eat these things anyway because I like the taste, I figure I only have one life to live, and acne wont last my entire lifetime

I personally would rather live that life acne-free and thin (one self-image thing I care a lot about) rather than enjoying peanut butter for 2-3 minutes every so often.

just curious if any of you have noticed that certain foods can trigger cystic acne. certain types of fruits, veggies, nuts, etc?

Ok i hear the Oranges thing alot but what about ORANGE JUICE????

Dd-oc, you can get quite a lot of breakfast cereals that don't contain wheat. I like to have porridge or muesli for breakfast. (check labels, some muesli contains wheat) You can also make your own muesli it's really easy and cheap :) I also like to have lots of fruit for breakfast and some yoghurt or I make a smoothie. I love breakfast!

Dairy is the trigger for me.

I was a cheese addict, so it was really hard for me to give it up, but the benefits outweigh the taste of cheese.

I still splurge a little now and then, but I make sure it's worth it, meaning, I don't waste my splurges on regular tasty cheese.