Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My derm recently prescribed me Accutane along with using Cetaphil face washer 2x a day. The only thing is when I use Cetaphil it feels like my skin is literally burning!!! It kinda hurts in the shower when I wash my face and I feel like its contributing to my redness on my face. Does it burn anyone else's face when they use it? Or just my sensitive little skin? :think:

I've never personally used it; but maybe you could switch over onto something like Purpose? I've heard Dan's cleanser is pretty good also.

I imagine if it's burning to use it it's something you shouldn't continue to use. :confused:

^I agree Tiffanie! I switched over to CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser as you can see in my log. Its similar to Shittyphil in that it doesnt suds up that much but it doesnt have comedogenic ingredients.

I use this product only at night because:

1. It burns a little (I have sensitive skin, I can only use SA products on my face)

2. It dries it up quickly.

After I'm done washing with this product I use the pads as well. Now those things burn but only for like 5 seconds, I counted. LOL!

Strange...

I used Cetaphil for these last two days and my face break out instantly on the next morning!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...i&img=26765

I am really pissed off with this...Today i bought Jojoba Oil to mix with Cetaphil Moisturizer but with the face like this, some tinny white heads inflamed i will not know if is Jojoba thats helping or not...Today is on of those days that i feel like i shouldn't never wake up... :(

I am too close to visit a Dermatologist again...Shit! I didn't want it to..

I use Cetaphil Cleanser for Gentle Skin morning and night, and I haven't experienced this. My skin is extremely sensitive (I can't wash it with warm water without getting irritation and redness), but I never get redness from Cetaphil. Of course, it's a little red in some areas after washing because I put pressure on those areas, but after five minutes it's back to normal. Have you tried the Cetaphil for sensitive skin?

I've been using it for a week now as prescribed by my derm and my face hurts today but I don't think its the cleanser but the retin-a. Isn't cetaphil suppose to be a gental cleanser?

I have sensitive skin and have been using Cetaphil as my morning and evening cleanser for over 2 months now. It's the most mildest and gentlest cleanser I have ever used.

I used cetaphill gentle cleanser twice daily for about a month, my skin (quite bad acne. On lymecylin and duac 5% whilst using cetaphil) became really sensitive each time i washed with this product my skin felt like it was burning also i got about 8 cysts which is something iv never had before after washing my face i put on the cetaphil moisturizing lotion which didnt agree with my skin too found it too heavy! I switched (still on lymecylin not using duac) to washing my face with NOW castor oil and DESSERT ESSENCE jojoba oil three drops of each and my face seems to love it although has only been a week im hoping my skin stays loving it! :D