Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maggie G

Does EVERYONE have an Initial Breakout?

...my skin hasn't improved, or gotten any worse. I just don't think I've had an IB. I'm moving into week 3 on differin, brevoxyl 4% (BP cleanser), and doxy. I've been breaking out mildly as normal. however, I'm only using differin twice a week as instructed by my derm....?

should I increase my differin use? do some people not experience an IB? or is one waiting for me? thanks!

...my skin hasn't improved, or gotten any worse. I just don't think I've had an IB. I'm moving into week 3 on differin, brevoxyl 4% (BP cleanser), and doxy. I've been breaking out mildly as normal. however, I'm only using differin twice a week as instructed by my derm....?

should I increase my differin use? do some people not experience an IB? or is one waiting for me? thanks!

'tis always best to follow your derm's advice.

When I started on Differin I think I was too careful and looking back I wished i'd ramped it up faster.

I'm now on Tazorac 0.1 which is way better anyway, no IB and up to using a very large pea sized amount everyday

I'm very scared to jinx it, but I haven't had an IB. I don't think I've ever broken out with Retin-A.

hmm I have done 1 week of retin-a..there were a few small breakouts and 1 HUGE puss filled one on my forehead..almost like a volcano no kidding lol..but i don't think they were an IB..i think they were gona come out anyways whether I started on retin a or not..i've been very cautious...pea sized amount every second day with 0.01% retin a gel..think i'm gona maintain this for 1 more week before I up it to daily..no irritations or redness..some peeling on my chin but very minor..but then again..it's only my 1st week..hopefully this will work

I have also just completed my first week on retin-a, .1% gel and my skin is DRY......I can't say that I'm broke out, in fact I think that each day my skin overall is looking better and better. I have had a couple of white heads appear. I apply it every evening. I was thinking tonight that maybe I should try every other night because of the dryness but then again I should probably just follow the docs orders and see what happens. I mentioned to my my doc that I had read on the internet that one should expect their skin to get worse before it gets better and he told me that its not true, so.......we'll see.

Well same here, i've been reading all the posts about skin condition getting worse b4 getting better, i was prepared for that when i started but my skin seemsto be 'calmer' so to speak...still breakout as i normally do but less so..red marks are still there i think it's gonna take a few months for them to heal but yea..i think and maybe i am wrong..that people who claimed to have IB might have had those awful zits anyways but because they are on retin a they think it's a result of that? I duno maybe i'm speaking too soon..fingers crossed hehe