Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaLa2006

face before taking a shower...

how come when i get up in the morning my face looks pretty good...but when i take a shower..wash my face..put bp on..moisturize it..it looks like shit? every mark stands out.

i just want products to actually WORK! = [

I have the same problem! I think it has to do with the water/washing action on your skin. I tried washing with cold and the same thing... maybe we should stop washing our faces in the morning :P .

Try washing with luke warm water and DONT let the water touch your face. Make a cup with your hands and splash the water on your face. Thats what I do and ever since doing that, I havent had ONE cystic pimple

i took a shower this morning but i didnt wash my face w/ cleanser. i just let the water hit it. actually..my face wasnt as dry as it usually gets. i think i am going to try this for a lil bit. maybe i am irritating it to much? i have tried every cleanser in the world!! :lol:

Its probably drying, or it could be the moisturizer.

Just do it early. For me it takes usually an hour for my face to recover from the horror that is washing it and slathering on the crap I need to use. u.u

i took a shower this morning but i didnt wash my face w/ cleanser. i just let the water hit it. actually..my face wasnt as dry as it usually gets. i think i am going to try this for a lil bit. maybe i am irritating it to much? i have tried every cleanser in the world!! :lol:

I meant I cup my hands to get water in em and then i splash my face. And yes I read ingredients. I have a printed list of all the ingredients that are bad. I have so many cleansers that I have all of em written down on paper and I wrote all the bad ingredients that are in all of them and write "no" next to then so I remember at a later time not to use it :lol:

I meant I cup my hands to get water in em and then i splash my face. And yes I read ingredients. I have a printed list of all the ingredients that are bad. I have so many cleansers that I have all of em written down on paper and I wrote all the bad ingredients that are in all of them and write "no" next to then so I remember at a later time not to use it :lol:

It is irritation and the fact that your skin is basically resting while you are sleeping. Since your body is resting, there are not alot of chemicals going thru. I really think that it only starts to get better after a couple of hours when your food supply runs out for the night and no chemicals are being digested.

shower hitting your face is not going to cause acne, lets be real here
should you wash your face before going in the shower then?

It all depends if you can avoid water hitting your face. I am a male with short hair so i can wash my hair pretty quick. I just put my head downward and let the water rinse it out. Water still touches my face but it runs down the sides, which i think is far better than water hitting it.

Completely natural. The steam opens your pores making them highly sensitive, causing irritation. It is actually good for your skin and doesn't last long.

^^Yea I think you might be right. After I put a moisturizer on, my face is real red and then it clams down after a minute. I think its from the massaging motion and the contact on your skin.

But I hate when that happens, I wake up and Im real happy because my face looks great. Then I get out of the shower and it is red and looks 10xs worse. I tried not cleansing during the day, I just put my face under the shower head and let the water run over it, that helps a little bit.

Completely natural. The steam opens your pores making them highly sensitive, causing irritation. It is actually good for your skin and doesn't last long.

I know it's not caused by diet, I don't eat breakfast (I know, I know, I'm bad) and don't usually eat lunch until 1:00.

I think anytime you hydrate the skin(by washing or adding products) the marks are going to be more noticeable. For me I think this is because my face is usually relatively dry when I wake up in the morning.

i have almost the same problem..before i go in the shower, my face is fine, but when i come out, the pores on my face have these white things coming out, and then when they dry, they turn into flakes kind of..

I think its just because, when you are asleep, your face isn't being poked or anything, its resting and drying. And when you wake up your face and spots look less red because the surface hasn't been cleared of dead skin, products etc. So when you've washed your face, the skin is revealing how it looks underneath.