Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just wondering if anybody is similar or has experienced the same on this one.

Over the past few years, I have felt far more rock bottom about my acne than I have at any other point. I seem to avoid people a lot more than I used to, and it plays on my mind more than it did in the earlier days.

Now, i've recently developed a major paranoia about my weight. Its almost as though if i'm being controlled by my acne, controlling my weight is something I can do to make my appearance that little better. Don't get me wrong, I am not starving myself or developing any signs of anorexia or bulimia, however I have been taking dieting and exercise a lot more seriously in recent months; The fixation is still there.

I was wondering if any other member has gone/is going through a similar thing, either with weight-issues or being extra worried about something else whilst suffering with acne.

This could well be a part of the lows associated with Dianette, the treatment i'm currently on, especially seeming as weight gain is often a side effect, however i'm still interested if there is anybody else going through the same too.

Get back to me!

Lanki.

yeah i guess so. i started being really serious about working out when i had bad acne. i guess i was thinking that if im gonna have an ugly face then i better have a decent body. but now i really enjoy going to the gym and even when i dont have acne i still workout regularly and keep fit. and i think theres worse obsessions to have than dieting and exercise, you say you're not starving yourself so dont sweat it. its good to be healthy.

i actually had an eating disorder in the year before I developed acne. ha. seems like I just can't win...just when I was finally starting to LIKE how I looked, i get freaking acne...UGH!

Thats how i was when i was younger. Like my body was the only good thing about me. but obsessing over your face and weight isn't a good thing. i mean acne is already tough, but worrying over weight can bring you down almost as much.

I'm the same. I don't have a great body but it's not bad. I'm bigger than I used to be. Well, a lot bigger. I used to have an eating disorder so I'm constantly comparing myself with how I used to be, which I know is ridiculous.

I would like to exercise more but I'm always exhausted. I've been on dianette (for the second time) for a month now and so far I haven't notices too much weight gain (I gained a bit over xmas). Really don't want to gain anymore, I really really need to tone up!

I'm the same. I don't have a great body but it's not bad. I'm bigger than I used to be. Well, a lot bigger. I used to have an eating disorder so I'm constantly comparing myself with how I used to be, which I know is ridiculous.

I would like to exercise more but I'm always exhausted. I've been on dianette (for the second time) for a month now and so far I haven't notices too much weight gain (I gained a bit over xmas). Really don't want to gain anymore, I really really need to tone up!

I am recovering from anorexia nervosa - I was hospitalised and was at a life threateningly low weight. Now that my weight is starting to increase and I am eating more, I cannot obsess about my food as much. So instead, I fixate on the state of my skin.

Its as though because I am no longer allowed to obsess about my weight or calories any more, I need something to be neurotic about and since my skin isn't perfect, my brain decided to choose that.

Lanki I hope you find peace with these issues, and I'm not just saying that. I really really do. I'm currently struggling with a few things on top of acne, but the other main thing is trying to gain weight. I've dropped a lot for seemingly no reason over the past year (my fam thinks it's a thyroid problem but I still need to head to the doctor to check that out) and am starting to look unhealthy now. On top of that, and I don't know if it's just satan filling my head or just me obsessing, but I find it really hard not to constantly think back to a few years ago when I was healthy-looking and fit, and compare that to how I am now. Now not only is the weight gone, but I've lost all body and muscle mass too. It may be the flip side of the common coin, but it's still something that just bothers me greatly.

You hang in there. We're all in this together.

yeah i completely obsess over my weight, seems i jump from one fixation to another, acne and weight. i have always been naturally slim but this past year i have been so fixated with losing lots of weight somewhat as a distraction. its not healthy but sometimes i feel thats just life for me