Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mans

Glycolic Acid Question

So my derm gave me this 10% Glycolic acid cream that I apply every night...

It is working as I do notice a little bit of peeling going on and it seems to be controlling my acne.

Now, for those of you guys who have been using glycolic acid or have had any experience with it - how long would it take to significantly fade red marks? I've seen a change but I just wanted to know if it would take months of using glycolic acid to almost fade them?

Should I just be patient doing this in hopes of erasing the red marks or just go for a peel?

Thanks

So my derm gave me this 10% Glycolic acid cream that I apply every night...

It is working as I do notice a little bit of peeling going on and it seems to be controlling my acne.

Now, for those of you guys who have been using glycolic acid or have had any experience with it - how long would it take to significantly fade red marks? I've seen a change but I just wanted to know if it would take months of using glycolic acid to almost fade them?

Should I just be patient doing this in hopes of erasing the red marks or just go for a peel?

Thanks

I'd give it at least 6 weeks, preferably 8 before judging it. I started using it about a month or so ago and my red marks are very slowly fading away.

I used to use 10% glycolic acid gel for about 3-4 months, and I did notice very subtle results. I could tell my red marks were fading/going away, but very slowly. It's not something that's going to work overnight- you have to keep using it for a while to get the results you're looking for.

what are the brand names of the glycolic acid you guys use? i might wanna pick up some later...

The one I'm using is from my Derm. So it's "brandless". I think they formulate it themselves... But I've read so much about aqua glycolic here and on the net that I think it's a good product. You should research about it and see if it's the right product you are looking for :)