Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jake69

Benzaclin horrible problems

My acne was clear and good for a year, from minocycline, it started to get mildy bad again, so i got this benzaclin for my doctor.. its been about 3 weeks and all of a sudden my face has just broke out worse than i can ever remember.. my face is really dry and flaky, i apply moisturizer 3-4 times during the day and 2-3 times at night before bed, (after i apply the benzaclin) my moisturizer doesn't seem too strong, "complex 15", maybe thats the problem? Any advice? please? I think I may have to go on accutane which I'm not too crazy about.

Seems like your going through an initial breakout with the benzaclin. Is benzaclin a topical retanoid? If so most people go through this the first initial weeks. It should improve with more time and continue to improve. GL with your treatment.

Yeah I suppose that could be it.. thanks, I think I will stick it out longer.. I was reccamended "complex 15" moisturizer and it just doesn't moisturize enough, anyone else have any reccamendations? In Canada?

Yeah I suppose that could be it.. thanks, I think I will stick it out longer.. I was reccamended "complex 15" moisturizer and it just doesn't moisturize enough, anyone else have any reccamendations? In Canada?

Moisturizer recommendation: cetaphil daily moisturizer or normal/oily skin moisturizer. You can get it an any decent drug store and most grocery stores (on the east coast, anyway.).

Definitely sounds like an initial breakout. If your skin is too dry/irritated you may talk to your doctor. I don't know if you are using it once a day or twice, sounds like only once? My doc had me cut back to once a day w/ the Benzamycin after a while, due to irritation/dryness. I had major trouble w/ dryness for probably 2 months on the Benzamycin and then it finally got better.