Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
angel

curryboy missing, any other papaya brands?

Is there a list a ingredients on the Natural Advantage papaya soap you got? If so, can you list them? I wanna try and find a soap that is comparable at the local health food store. Thanks.

Found what sounds like SOME AMAZING papaya soap! The soap is from: www.tropicaltraditions.com

I ordered two bars and their deoderant.......nothing but pure extra virgin coconut and palm oils, and organic papaya!!!!!

Sounds AWESOME!!!!

This place has some good stuff, everyone....VERY PURE!

***The mask was ok, but I still had a lot of flaking skin after using it twice, thus, the order of the papaya soap. biggrin.gif

Guest Scorpioness
Found what sounds like SOME AMAZING papaya soap!  The soap is from:  www.tropicaltraditions.com

I ordered two bars and their deoderant.......nothing but pure extra virgin coconut and palm oils, and organic papaya!!!!!

Sounds AWESOME!!!!

This place has some good stuff, everyone....VERY PURE! 

***The mask was ok, but I still had a lot of flaking skin after using it twice, thus, the order of the papaya soap. biggrin.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if that is the same soap as curry boy's.. he never did tell us where he was getting it. Let us know what it looks like and stuff. I am really glad you found this site, thanks for sharing!

Maya and everyone....I had thought about that too, then thought about something I had read about and heard of a while back. Many tests that have been conducted on oil (especially palm and coconut oils) have been done on palm and coconut oils that are hygrogenated or partially hydrogenated. You see, pure, extra virgin coconut oil is actually very different than the refined stuff, and it is processed very differently, that's why it's very hard to find. Even most of the stuff in the healthfood stores isn't the pure, unrefined, virgin oil.

One of the testimonials on the page with the lotions was someone who said that the lotion with coconut oil actually cleared them up.

I don't think it will be that big of a deal at all as we are only washing our faces with it and leaving it on for a few seconds. Keep in mind that I've been using the Dessert Essence "Thoroughly Clean Face Wash" that has castile soap, olive oil, and coconut oil is the third ingredient. I've never had problems with that soap and I've been using that for several years now!

But I will let people know what I think, but I don't think it will be a big problem, at least not for me.

I know that on Sage's pore clogging ingredient list, they sometimes point out that some of the synthetic versions of natural ingredients are pore clogging, while the natural version isn't. I don't know if this is the case for coconut oil specifically, but I do know that most of the tests that have been conducted on coconut oil was done on refined, hydrogenated stuff that was full of transfatty acids.

My gut tells me you are right Denise.. If curry boy stays missing I will definately try this one.. it look much more promising then the other ones that have been found.

Guest Scorpioness

About the coconut oil...

There was a buzz going around years ago on how it was good for acne skin. I used to massage virgin coconut oil into my skin every morning for a moisterizing and skin clearing mask. It seemed to actually help rather than harm my particular type of acne.

I found other products I liked better of course so now I do not use the pure coconut oil on my skin. However, I cook with it a lot. When I take a lot of coconut oil internally, my skin always looks better.

It is good to know that coconut oil is comedegenic, however, I just wanted to share that the *virgin* coconut oil (which is all I have used) did not seem to work that way for me, in my experience. So maybe Denise is right... and the processing is what causes it to do harm.

Thanks for sharing all the info everyone. :-)

Just received this info via e-mail.

We do carry the Cristy's Wild Papaya Tingle Soap in a 3.5oz for $4.99. You

can order this product by either calling our 1800 number or by emailing us

your information of name (first, last), shipping address (we send all

products by UPS) and credit information. I hope this is a help to you. If

you have any questions please feel free to send me and email or give me a call.

Tina Vazquez

Administrative Assistant

Clark's Nutrition

4225 Market St

Riverside, Ca 92501

(909) 686-4757

(800) 251-8996

www.clarksnutrition.com

blkbuttahflyy, lilchicken and jgroove.. thanks so much for tracking this stuff down.. YAY!!!!

I look forward to hearing your comparison Denise2 on the 2 soaps (curry boy and the one you found with the virgin coconut oil) before I buy any more.

Hmmmm.......I don't think we have any filipino stores here in Richmond...we have everything else, though. I know what I could do, I go to a filipino restaurant sometimes to eat; I'll ask the owner if she can recommend a place.

Well everyone, I just literally got and used my soap and I admit that it does seem to work. I left it on for about one minute and felt a slight stinging....keep in mind I have very tough skin! biggrin.gif My skin felt like a baby's behind afterwards, so that made me happy.

The deoderant is amazing. I've been using various natural deoderants for at least 12 years and none of them have truly eliminated odor; even "crystal" deoderants don't work that well for me. It smells very fresh and is all natural too. I'll see how long it lasts. One of the main reasons I bought it is because someone on their site said she was always "stinky" when she used natural deoderants, and that this deoderant worked really, really, well.

Update....the Tropical Traditions soap is really great. It doesn't seem to break you out at all.....it does sting like the dickens, even after you wash it off. At least that would be good for when you do the TCA Perfecting Complex.

Just wanted give an update.

I dun think it works that great. i dun know , i am not even getting irritation from it .. it doesn't even do exforliation anymore. i guess my skin just gets used to it !

Hi Denise:

Where do you purchased that soap?

Is it the one like Curryboy's?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Sapphina

Has anyone tried taking a papaya supplement dissloving it in a little water and apply it similar to the aspirin mask? Seems like that might work. Plus probably less likely to clog pores.