Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jake69

Accutane and drugs

Hello, This will probably sketch many of you out, but I have to know this. My acne has been bad lately and by the sounds of things I will be going on Accutane. I know Accutane and alcohol do not go together, however I am curious about whether or not marijuana will be an issue. Second, and probably most important, magic mushrooms, or Psilocybin Mushrooms. Would eatting magic mushrooms be a bad idea while on Accutane (health-wise)?

Once again I'm sorry if this offends some people.

Its a bad idea period. I hate drug users sorry.

You hate drug users? Ouch. Ironic enough that you are probably on Accutane. I guess the legality of the drug determines whether you like somebody, huh?

To the original poster....there really isn't any definitive proof of anything. I would most likely steer clear of anything psychoactive while on isotretinoin, but I also wouldn't be too worried. Just my $.02.

Kind of off topic, but Ive recently discovered Codeine which is a legal OTC drug that anyone can buy. Problem is that it always contains paracetamol or ibuprofen and too much of that shit can kill you or damage your liver. However if you you look around the net there is a nifty way to extract the codeine from the tablets.

its great, codeine is an opiate so basically it makes you content as hell, and its great for accutane induced back ache.

However I can see this stuff being pretty addictive, so Im going to be careful with it.

Kind of off topic, but Ive recently discovered Codeine which is a legal OTC drug that anyone can buy. Problem is that it always contains paracetamol or ibuprofen and too much of that shit can kill you or damage your liver. However if you you look around the net there is a nifty way to extract the codeine from the tablets.

its great, codeine is an opiate so basically it makes you content as hell, and its great for accutane induced back ache.

However I can see this stuff being pretty addictive, so Im going to be careful with it.

I would steer clear of anything at all besides Accutane while on Accutane, even supplements and vitamins and over the counter drugs of all types. It's just silly to risk your liver and brain with things that haven't been studied in conjunction with Accutane use. I doubt there'll ever be a study about marijuana and other illicit drugs in combo with Accutane usage, but still, be safe and not dead.

I would steer clear of anything at all besides Accutane while on Accutane, even supplements and vitamins and over the counter drugs of all types. It's just silly to risk your liver and brain with things that haven't been studied in conjunction with Accutane use. I doubt there'll ever be a study about marijuana and other illicit drugs in combo with Accutane usage, but still, be safe and not dead.

DO NOT do shrooms...ur liver is already weak on accutane, and shrooms are poison..so your liver goes through alot when you take shrooms.

so bad idea

jake69 i understand exactly why your asking this...

maybe its because of the new years eve, and knowing that you are taking acuttane, and your "good" friends will consume some COOL drugs these days...yeah! someone found them nice to have fun with mushrooms, and u want to try it...hallucination's? even knowing that u are already taking a drug called acuttane that is affecting your psychology/physiology in many ways...?

well, i must say to u all, that i no longer take drugs, but in a recent past (16-24) i've already enjoyed some shits in some magic places like Ibiza, Amesterdam, etc. I have even tried mushrooms, lsd, marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, whatever...electronic music like house, techno, trance, drum n bass where my targets...

About what u were asking...if u can mix it? of course NOT! NEVER! U should know that narcotic/psychoactive drugs like mushrooms could brain damage u...forever! and while u are on acuttane it can happen! Im sure u don't want this... Its not because of the acuttane, but because the drugs mixed...mushrooms, marijuana, alchool, etc...u could have bad trips and regret forever what u have done.

So please, don't mix anything! Better...don't consume anything! Believe me, i now what i am talking about. I could write u hundreds of episodes about this shits...

Do a favor to yourself, to your family, to your friends, to everything that u have conquered till now and dont consume anything like this...

Sorry the words, but maybe u still dont understand a shit about drugs! One thing its to read about them on the internet, on this is consume them...

Mushrooms are not for fun believe me... Many people on the planet were directly to psychiatric hospital after consume lsd or mushrooms cause they have badtrips/braindamage that turned their reality into their worst nightmare...Beware jake69!

Drink some beer/wine/champagne like many people do (on acuttane you shouldnt).

But please dont touch things that u dont know, because it may hurt u one day or to your friends...

Be well ;)

Its a bad idea period. I hate drug users sorry.

You hate drug users? Ouch. Ironic enough that you are probably on Accutane. I guess the legality of the drug determines whether you like somebody, huh?

To the original poster....there really isn't any definitive proof of anything. I would most likely steer clear of anything psychoactive while on isotretinoin, but I also wouldn't be too worried. Just my $.02.

k..well i have smoked pot since i was 15...did 2 cycles while smoking, and even though i can't say for sure it contributed to my psych problems...it def. could have...seein i developed anxiety disorder and depression...

weed effects the brain, and so does accutane, so that alone should give you a good enough answer. I never thought of it. Good question to ask. Its good that you are aware and careful with your choices. Be smart. Weed isn't worth it. Smoked it HEAVILY for years and i can only say it has made life much more difficult. I think you should quit and hopefully that time will allow you to realize how stupid it is...

Yes marijuana is a horrible idea not to mention illegal. Magic mushrooms, what on earth! Those are poisonous! Those could kill you! As a previous poster stated, please dont do these kind of drugs! I know I dont know you but now I know of you and I would hate to find out an acne.org poster died :(

I would stay away from mushrooms while on accutane. It is poisoning your body (it is how the drug "works") which makes you high.

Take as many as you want it wont do anything to you. I feel sorry for you actually, having to ask whether shrooms are bad for you lol Whats your IQ? Yeah im on accutane it was a thought through decision that i concluded would help me not that i wanted it i needed it.

jake69 i understand exactly why your asking this...

maybe its because of the new years eve, and knowing that you are taking acuttane, and your "good" friends will consume some COOL drugs these days...yeah! someone found them nice to have fun with mushrooms, and u want to try it...hallucination's? even knowing that u are already taking a drug called acuttane that is affecting your psychology/physiology in many ways...?

well, i must say to u all, that i no longer take drugs, but in a recent past (16-24) i've already enjoyed some shits in some magic places like Ibiza, Amesterdam, etc. I have even tried mushrooms, lsd, marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, whatever...electronic music like house, techno, trance, drum n bass where my targets...

About what u were asking...if u can mix it? of course NOT! NEVER! U should know that narcotic/psychoactive drugs like mushrooms could brain damage u...forever! and while u are on acuttane it can happen! Im sure u don't want this... Its not because of the acuttane, but because the drugs mixed...mushrooms, marijuana, alchool, etc...u could have bad trips and regret forever what u have done.

So please, don't mix anything! Better...don't consume anything! Believe me, i now what i am talking about. I could write u hundreds of episodes about this shits...

Do a favor to yourself, to your family, to your friends, to everything that u have conquered till now and dont consume anything like this...

Sorry the words, but maybe u still dont understand a shit about drugs! One thing its to read about them on the internet, on this is consume them...

Mushrooms are not for fun believe me... Many people on the planet were directly to psychiatric hospital after consume lsd or mushrooms cause they have badtrips/braindamage that turned their reality into their worst nightmare...Beware jake69!

Drink some beer/wine/champagne like many people do (on acuttane you shouldnt).

But please dont touch things that u dont know, because it may hurt u one day or to your friends...

Be well ;)

Yes marijuana is a horrible idea not to mention illegal. Magic mushrooms, what on earth! Those are poisonous! Those could kill you! As a previous poster stated, please dont do these kind of drugs! I know I dont know you but now I know of you and I would hate to find out an acne.org poster died :(

I agree with Wynne - best to hold off on the hardcore AND innocous sounding drugs until your Tane is done. Tane taxes the liver, as do any and all other drugs. Better to not have any funky side effects NOW so you can enjoy whatever it is you do LATER. If you MUST do some kind of drug in conjunction with tane, marijuana seems to be the least harmful (it doesn't work your liver as hard as alcohol or other drugs), but exercise caution.

You shouldn't do these illegal drugs regardless of whether you are on Accutane or not. They are bad for you body and they do nothing good for it in the first place. There are other ways of having a good time or relaxing. Be smart!

You shouldn't do these illegal drugs regardless of whether you are on Accutane or not. They are bad for you body and they do nothing good for it in the first place. There are other ways of having a good time or relaxing. Be smart!

Bro, I know what youre talking about. Yeah weed is fine, shrooms are fine, painkillers are fine most the time. Haven't done any coke while on the tane, so can't help ya. I'm almost at the end of month 3...

Before we get into a flame-war, please know that just as people will tell you their opinions on what are "safe" drugs, they will also tell your opinions on if any drugs are safe.

Just to warn you, this board is operated on servers in the USA, so technically, many drugs are illegal and so it should not be a suprise that people are not up on using those chemicals.