Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baravykas

Differin 0,1% and 0,3%?

Actually I would guess a lot of people are still on the .1% strength. I'm on .1%. The .3% was just released in 2007 I believe, it's very new. The .3% is a bit stronger. Usually when starting a retinoid you will start on a low strenght and work up only if you need it. If you do well on .1% there is no reason to go up to .3%. I do really well with the .1%. Been using it for 6 months with great results.

Yeah the .3% is just a stronger form. I used the .1 and then got bumped up to the .3 after the low stuff started failing me. Just go with the .1 for now and if it doesn't help (it should though) then your derm will decide if you need the more potent stuff.

Seriously, I've been using Differin for about a year now with amazing results. I also got bumped up to .3 because my skin is pretty resistant(?), and I'm pretty sure it helped a lot more. It's not like differin .1 didn't help, but you might want to ask your derm about it.

Loooove differin. I don't think it's better than bp, per se, at preventing new spots from forming. BP works on bacteria; differin helps skin cells normalize function, as I understand it. One or the other can work well, so can both together. Sweetheart519, want to weigh in on this?

Loooove differin. I don't think it's better than bp, per se, at preventing new spots from forming. BP works on bacteria; differin helps skin cells normalize function, as I understand it. One or the other can work well, so can both together. Sweetheart519, want to weigh in on this?

I have mild acne, only large pores and blackheads and breakout occaisonally. I''m considering differin for the large pores and blackheads and also improve the skin texture and reduce oiliness. Does it shrink pores?? Also, has anyone heard of retinoic acid soap??

differin is great, im on the 0.1% as we dont have the 0.3% in the UK yet.

it smoothes out your skin and theres no initial breakout. Hardly any redness aswell :)

great stuff