Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my cousin told me that if you really quiet and dont know anyone in high school, you'll become one of the most popular kids in college?

when u get to college there are a lot of idiots that were part of the in crowd at their highschool, and people can find them immature and annoying. but they always find other jerk offs to good around and get drunk with.

but if ur friendless and quiet you wont make many friends at college either. you wont be shunned or anything because their is no larger social network to do that to you at college. everyone is kind of on their own. unless its a really small school.

but no you wont all of a sudden be popular like in some movie. oh yeah and college insnt like movies, lol. not the dorm life or school life. thats a dramatization of how it is for small minority of kids who should have just stayed home and played video games in their basement. few of those part animals even make it to junior year.

To the OP, to be honest, you won't really become popular as soon as you get to college if you were quiet in high school. The above poster is correct. If you were really antisocial or incredibly shy, there is no way you will be popular in college, unless, you get out of that phase in your life. Take it from me, I was shy throughout my high school years, now I'm into my fourth year , and I'm still more so to myself. Either your cousin was watching some dramatization about college in a movie or they were never shy to began with. Also, please don't take what you see on tv as true because who really wants to watch a show on how ACTUAL college students are? That's why on the show 'Gossip Girl', no none ever goes to class. When you go to college, more people are individually independent, so there's no popularity contest going on. You can still make a couple of friends and party once in a while, but you won't really be 'popular' in the high school sense since it's such a big environment.

Sorry for rambling so much

when u get to college there are a lot of idiots that were part of the in crowd at their highschool, and people can find them immature and annoying. but they always find other jerk offs to good around and get drunk with.

but if ur friendless and quiet you wont make many friends at college either. you wont be shunned or anything because their is no larger social network to do that to you at college. everyone is kind of on their own. unless its a really small school.

but no you wont all of a sudden be popular like in some movie. oh yeah and college insnt like movies, lol. not the dorm life or school life. thats a dramatization of how it is for small minority of kids who should have just stayed home and played video games in their basement. few of those part animals even make it to junior year.

It really depends on the situation, making that statement is crazy. It's all about the individual, and based on the fact that they were quiet/shy in highschool they probably won't become instantly extroverted and popular in college. The people in college are just more mature and intelligent and thus are less likely to judge someone that doesn't talk a lot.

I remember trying to befriend a shy, introverted dude last year at uni. He seemed like a nice, smart dude. During breaks he'd head towards the library and play computer games or do his work to kill the time before his next class. I sat next to him and tried to talk to him/ show interest. He seemed somewhat happy but was still unable to really change his shyness around me, so that never worked out.

Moral of the story: If you remain very shy/ and keep yourself from at least tryin to be social, you will most likely not become "popular"

yeah, that's a pretty bit oversimplification. it's really up to the induvidual and their behavior.m not to completely discount environment, but it really isn't like the movies would have you believe.

There are a lot of different things I can say about this, but what it comes down to is that you don't change much as a person in the ~3 months between your high school graduation and college matriculation.

There are a lot of different things I can say about this, but what it comes down to is that you don't change much as a person in the ~3 months between your high school graduation and college matriculation.