Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smc0617

What does everyone suggest?

I've been looking at Joppa, Signature, Aubrey Nicole and ED. Which one does everyone like? What are the coverages like? I just ordered two samples from ED in intensive and matte. I ordered the light shades.

What shades would be good for me in the other ones? I have light, blemish prone skin. I'm looking for all around coverage. I need it to even out skin tone and cover blemishes.

thanks

I've tried all four. Get sample kits and compare but this is what I found:

Joppa - good coverage, a but more pricey than others, sometimes the customer service is not great

Signature - sheer to minimal coverage, pretty good selection, good customer service, coverage did not stay all day (at all)

Aubrey Nicole - good coverage, good customer service, good prices and seems to always have a sale on and they give freebies with orders

EDM - decent coverage, but did not stay all day, good prices, customer service use to be great, now that they are much bigger, it's lacking a bit

Used Joppa for a year...coverage is ok, but staying power could be longer.

I got samples of EDM and the staying power is still...mediocre in my opinion, on my oily face.

And I just orded AN samples. I hope I get them soon :D

I have used them all and like Joppa the best. It has the best staying power (not pefect, but lasts longer than the others) and definitely the best coverage.

I have light skin with yellow undertones and I use "Lightest #2" (I think, I'll check). I use full coverage.

Aubrey Nicole and EM are more expensive than Joppa (you need to look at price AND size, you get more for your money with joppa).

i e-mailed the different companies to see what my best match would be. what do you girls think? i have light, acne prone skin with some pink and yellow undertones. more pink then yellow. i don't want anything too dark because i think that looks wrong. i just want it to look natural but provide good coverage.

so...what would you suggest?

I can only help you with a color suggestion in Joppa since I don't use the others but if I werer you I would definatly stick to their #1 shades, they have more pink than yellow in them. Try Light #1 in the full or soft coverage.

I used BE but like many people didn't like their foundation (they have beautiful blush and face colors, but now I don't know about the ingredients). I really like Philosophy, but I have to look into the ingredients, not to mention the difficulty with color availability.

I got samples of the semi matte EM and I am NOT impressed. I actually got a good color match but I thought the coverage was much worse than Philosophy and the finish was dull and not pretty at all. I guess I should try some of the others.

I like sheer coverage, but not when it makes my skin look dull and lifeless.

I hope that helps a bit.

BTW has anyone tried Beauty Bliss Minerals? They look good and the company is really small.

The website is BeautyBlissCosmetics, I would love to hear what people think who have tried it.

I used BE but like many people didn't like their foundation (they have beautiful blush and face colors, but now I don't know about the ingredients). I really like Philosophy, but I have to look into the ingredients, not to mention the difficulty with color availability.

I got samples of the semi matte EM and I am NOT impressed. I actually got a good color match but I thought the coverage was much worse than Philosophy and the finish was dull and not pretty at all. I guess I should try some of the others.

I like sheer coverage, but not when it makes my skin look dull and lifeless.

I hope that helps a bit.

BTW has anyone tried Beauty Bliss Minerals? They look good and the company is really small.

The website is BeautyBlissCosmetics, I would love to hear what people think who have tried it.

I got my smaples from EDM and AN. I have to say I really like EDMs coverage compared to Joppa...AN is very nice too. Honestly, you can't go wrong with any. Its just personal preference, I think.

ordered everyday mineral samples in intensive and matte. i ordered two sample kits. haven't gotten them yet, but anxious to see if i like the coverage and shades. haven't tried aubrey nicole or joppa. i also heard good stuff about signature minerals. anyone tried it?