Notifications
Clear all

Finally got my excision done!

MemberMember
(@dallasguy75)

Posted : 12/29/2007 2:04 am

Ok, so as some of you guys may know... I started a topic last year, around this exact same time, about how I was about to get an excision done for a nasty chicken pox scar on my cheek, made nastier by a previous dermabrasion scar around it. I then failed to follow that topic with any additonal posts. Well, here we are a year later, and I just now got this damn scar removed yesterday. What happened last year, to make the story short, is that the plastic surgeon I was sceduled with turned out to be a real jerk. As a result, I didnt trust him and chickened out on surgery day right before they were about to start the procedure.

The surgeon that I finally let do it was a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon that was recommended to me by one of the top dermatologists in Dallas. He used two layers of stitching, so the bottom ones will dissolve on their own, while the 2 or 3 top stiches will be removed in about 5 days. As you can imagine, after reading a lot of negative stories, I was expecting the result to look like a huge, depressed line. Well folks... let me alleviate your fears by saying that no such result occured. As of now, there is absolutely ZERO depression where the scar formely was. You can barely, barely see a thin line at this point. It still looks a bit nasty from the stitches and dried blood and swelling, but one day after the procedure and I'm thrilled with how it looks now. As vain as this may sound, I cant remember the last time I felt this relieved about something.

Now I can't 100 % promise this, but I'm going to try to start taking pics with my sister's digital cam to let you guys see how it's progressing. At the very least, I'll inform you guys about how it's healing. Let me know if I can answer any questions!

MemberMember
(@january31)

Posted : 12/29/2007 7:54 pm

Ok, so as some of you guys may now... I started a topic last year, around this exact same time, about how I was about to get an excision done for a nasty chicken pox scar on my cheek, made nastier by a previous dermabrasion scar around it. I then failed to follow that topic with any additonal posts. Well, here we are a year later, and I just now got this damn scar removed yesterday. What happened last year, to make the story short, is that the plastic surgeon I was sceduled with turned out to be a real jerk. As a result, I didnt trust him and chickened out on surgery day right before they were about to start the procedure.

The surgeon that I finally let do it was a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon that was recommended to me by one of the top dermatologists in Dallas. He used two layers of stitching, so the bottom ones will dissolve on their own, while the 2 or 3 top stiches will be removed in about 5 days. As you can imagine, after reading a lot of negative stories, I was expecting the result to look like a huge, depressed line. Well folks... let me allieviate your fears by saying that no such result occured. As of now, there is absolutely ZERO depression where the scar formely was. You can barely, barely see a thin line at this point. It still looks a bit nasty from the stitches and dried blood and swelling, but one day after the procedure and I'm thrilled with how it looks now. As vain as this may sound, I cant remember the last time I felt this relieved about something.

Now I can't 100 % promise this, but I'm going to try to start taking pics with my sister's digital cam to let you guys see how it's progressing. At the very least, I'll inform you guys about how it's healing. Let me know if I can answer any questions!

MemberMember
(@dallasguy75)

Posted : 12/29/2007 11:02 pm

Ok, here's the excision 2 days after surgery.

post-23158-1198987143_thumb.jpg

This is a pretty crappy picture of the original scar, but the only one I have.

post-23158-1198987697_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@wenc3160)

Posted : 12/30/2007 1:32 pm

MemberMember
(@asgjffdflh)

Posted : 12/31/2007 11:17 am

I think you will make big improvement on this scar:) I have some deep scars on my chin, do you recommend this excisions for me? And what does it cost?

MemberMember
(@zonk)

Posted : 12/31/2007 1:22 pm

Can anybody tell me the cost of subsicion? My derm has recommended although I'm very leary of someone messing with my face (it is scared enough as it is). My scars all all ice pick scars and I know have tissue loss on the side of my chin from picking at cysts so I will need injections so I don't anymore like a freak than I feel I already do!!!

MemberMember
(@dallasguy75)

Posted : 12/31/2007 1:30 pm

If you meant excision, mine cost $300. I don't know how much subcision costs. I'm gonna post pics again on wednesday after my stitches get taken out.

MemberMember
(@moon-face-2)

Posted : 12/31/2007 5:10 pm

If you meant excision, mine cost $300. I don't know how much subcision costs. I'm gonna post pics again on wednesday after my stitches get taken out.
MemberMember
(@asgjffdflh)

Posted : 01/02/2008 11:12 am

Can you update with another pic?

MemberMember
(@dallasguy75)

Posted : 01/02/2008 4:04 pm

Ok, here's the scar 6 days after surgery. Stitches were just taken out. I have to say I'm completely thrilled with the results.

post-23158-1199307774_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@paquita)

Posted : 01/03/2008 10:24 am

Thank you for sharing your pictures.

It looks great. Keep us updated.

MemberMember
(@asgjffdflh)

Posted : 01/03/2008 10:34 am

Ok, here's the scar 6 days after surgery. Stitches were just taken out. I have to say I'm completely thrilled with the results.

MemberMember
(@moon-face-2)

Posted : 01/03/2008 12:11 pm

Wauw looks awesome. Is it the only scar you have/had..?

MemberMember
(@starlin)

Posted : 02/02/2008 5:45 am

Hi Dallasguy. Anymore updates on your healing? Could you tell me who your doc was? I live in the DFW area too.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@helio)

Posted : 02/02/2008 12:07 pm

Wow, that looks really good!

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 02/02/2008 2:00 pm

Wow. That's terrific improvement. Congratulations! :)

MemberMember
(@exhibit_n)

Posted : 02/03/2008 5:29 pm

Yes, I actually remember your story! I've been sufferering with chicken pox scars all my life too. Could you also PM me the doctors info, I will be eternally grateful

MemberMember
(@drewboy)

Posted : 02/04/2008 4:01 am

hey looking good!

can we get the doctors name??

thanks man, I have the same exact scar on my cheek.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/03/2012 9:35 pm

BUMP

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 07/03/2012 9:40 pm

Am i blind? I don't see an actual "after" picture of the healed scar.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/03/2012 10:03 pm

Am i blind? I don't see an actual "after" picture of the healed scar.

he only posted a 6 day after pic post surgery

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 07/03/2012 10:23 pm

I'm curious to see it after 2-3 months. I wish there were more "after" excision photos available on the Internet. I met with a plastic surgeon yesterday, as well as one last week, and both refused to do excision on my scars. They both said I would be replacing a scar with a different scar, and in the end, I would not be happy because it would end up looking bad.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 07/03/2012 10:54 pm

why would you want the exision ...isn't subsicion better?

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/03/2012 10:58 pm

I'm curious to see it after 2-3 months. I wish there were more "after" excision photos available on the Internet. I met with a plastic surgeon yesterday, as well as one last week, and both refused to do excision on my scars. They both said I would be replacing a scar with a different scar, and in the end, I would not be happy because it would end up looking bad.

tokyo girl, i kind would agree with them because your scarring is scattered instead of being clustered closer together. OR they dont have good experience in scalpel exicison. i live in Toronto, canada i found a PS that specializes in exicison( Thank God) so im gonna go for a consult soon with him. i swear fillers would be a good option for you after some subcision.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 07/03/2012 11:06 pm

tokyo girl can u not add a lil make up and make ur shallow scars dissapear? i mean there hardly noticeable and there is vids on utube showin howto's