Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lightspeed

Should I be moisturizing even when my skin is not dry?

Occasionally I wake up and my face is slightly dry around the mouth and chin so I moisturize it.

Should I be moisturizing every day? Even when my skin isn't really that dry? I notice when my skin is overdry I get breakouts in that area.

Most people say to moisturize once a day, EVERYDAY (no matter what your skin type is)

HOWEVER, in my opinion, people with oily skin, shouldn't have to moisturize because it can break them out even further! lol

For your case... I think you should moisturize everyday

=)

I've always had oily skin and never used to moisturise because I didn't think my skin needed it. Sometimes I only moisturise once a day and that would be mornings. The majority of the time I moisturise morning and evening. I have researched plenty of evidence in the past to say even oily skin benefits from regular moisturiser use. Choose a light formula over a heavy one and just apply a very thin layer. Mixing a little aloe vera gel can help dilute your moisturiser.

make sure your moisturizer is light and oil free, this way you'll have no worries moisturizing everyday.

alot of times people with oily skin don't moisturize so there body is producing oil to hydrate the skin. my skin became so much less oily after i started moisturizing.

so i say keep moisturizing.

Occasionally I wake up and my face is slightly dry around the mouth and chin so I moisturize it.

Should I be moisturizing every day? Even when my skin isn't really that dry? I notice when my skin is overdry I get breakouts in that area.

Since it's winter, I moisturize twice a day, every day now, to prevent dry skin. In the summer I only moisturize when necessary though. I mix aloe with my moisturizer to make it even lighter.

I have found that using moisturizer fo rmy skin just makes it worse. In the morning my skin is dry but after a few hours it becomes normal again so i never cared to continue to use moisturizers.