Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all

Just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with scented moisturisers and any effect on acne. I hear a lot of stuff about not using scented face washes, but not so much about scented moisturisers.

My skin is super dry because of the weather, and it needs a pretty decent amount of moisturiser every day. The other day i bought a Nivea moisturiser with jojoba oil but opened it up to find it was very nice smelling, i just hope it doesnt cause acne. Thoughts?

Thanks for the help.

If it has a fragrance in it that means it has more chemicals. Whether it will make you break out more frequently or not is questionable.

Personally, i use a moisturizer with no fragrance and no SPF (chemicals that make spf irritate my skin quite a bit) :)

^^^same here...moisturizers with spf irritate me...so i went on to makeupalley.com to check out what the best moisturizers are...thats when i found out about glycerin..u just buy a little cheapie bottle of it and dilute it with water..pat it on your face after meds or before goin to sleep and i swear this stuff feels awesome..my skin has never been this hydrated!! a lovely dewyness..none of that oily stuff which my skin is known to do (i have freakishly oily skin) to me a good moisturizer should hydrate, soothe and protect..this does all that and more...and NO breakouts..as glycerin (glycol) is non comedogenic...if u look at many moisturizers glycerin is a main ingredient..try it..you will wonder why you have been spending so much on other moisturizers!!

Scented moisturizers really irritate my skin, some give me rashes, which in turn gets my acne up in arms. If you have sensitive skin I would stay away, far, far away. Though trying it out will really be the only way for you to know.

I once ran out of my own for a few days and used my mum's instead, which was scented. It didn't moisturise half so well as my one and I ended up breaking out.