Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crm6360

How many of u GUYS wear makeup cover while on accutane?

Oil-free makeup, of course....

But for those of you guys that did wear it while on Accutane, did it hinder the process any? I ask this cuz I use it every day so I can look presentable when I go to work.

personally, as a female I wouldn't wear makeup as a male with acne. It sometimes brings more attention to it. as a female though, i tried to only wear makeup to class and wash it off before i worked out and when i was in my room. now that my acne is gone i don't worry as much, but nothing that clogs your pores is good for it!

alrite mate..... thought i wud answer as no one else has. i hate to admit this but i have used concealer for awhile now.... dont tell anyone tho haha!!!! i am on roaccutane for mild acne because everything else i have used hasnt worked.i dont have severe acne so i wudnt need to use make up but i do feel the need to use concealer to cover up any spots that stand out. i have to say that recently i have tried to not cover spots which r sore because i think the concealer does make it worse.i find this difficult as sometimes u know its very tempting to cover spots so that no one can see them.and i defo feel it makes me more confident as in a way its like the spots arnt there cos sometimes the concealer makes them look invisible.dunno if this helps u cos i dont actually use make up.but thought i wud reply anyway

in my opinion i wud always say that wearing make up is not good if youve got acne. but i also wudnt say dont use it cos i know how self concious having acne can make u feel.so dunno really.

I wear concealer, no other choice man the red spots are killing me. No one ever notices it. Only close friends, and if they ask what's on your face (happened to me only once), you just tell them it's your acne fighting cream that is tinted.

screw it!

I useto wear cover up 24 hours a day. I would wear it when i was sleeping and when i was out during the day. I just hated looking at myself in the mirror in the morning and seeing my skin. It didn't really cause much pimples, but the pimples that would come up wouldn't heal for a long long time. The makeup was stoping it from healing properly. I realised that after just recently....about a month ago i though i'd not wear coverup at night...and as the days when by i haven't had one pimple comeup and any remarks that i do have and lighter then when they useto be when i would wear the coverup. I useto not want to take off my makeup at all but now that i have been wearing none when i'm sleeping i just can't wait to take it off when i get home from work. I've gotten useto what my face looks like without coverup and it really does look great. And ofcourse i am on DianeEd35 which is really great. No side effects like dryness of the skin...it has balance my ph level in my skin so much and it is amazing what Diane does to my face......and no back acne anymore.....not one....i can wear a singlet and not worry about any pimple.......i love it i love it i love it smile.gif

Oh and guys.....i know you may feel like using coverup....but as i girl i say don't use it....when i look at a guy with acne i don't think "yuck".....maybe because i know how it feels...but still i feel like it would be better if you didn't....there's my opinion for you smile.gif

I try to be very selective when using it.... and have been using it since my senior year in college. sad.gif

But with time comes experience and skill, and I think I've learned when not to apply it. For example, I try to avoid active pimples when I can... and sometimes that can be frustrating believe me. And I also realize the less u use the better off u are. And of course, u need the right tint for your skin. My skin is very light, so I use the lightest oil-free cover I can find. Fresh Look Cover Girl (Ivory).

I wear it too, but thankfully I havnt got issues with my sexuality so wearing it is ok. No1 has commented on it so they must'nt b able to tell. I hate wearin it but i have pretty bad acne and its all over ma face. I hope accutane clears me. ](*,)

I've tried (actually i still have it) Fresh Look Cover Girl in Ivory. But when i tried it, it didn't cover anything for me. It only gives a very light light coverage. I use Maybelline's Acne Control Concealor...it give medium to high coverage and it has medication for the pimple. I've used it for years and it's always been great. I don't use foundation only cover up because foundation doesn't cover anything for me unless it's got high coverage. but i still don't use it....it makes you look like you have makeup. Whereas the Acne concealor it doesn't and you look normal. Though my skin changes in the winter and gets lighter and it's hard to even use ivory color because it then looks too dark. but in the summer it's the perfect color.......Why of why does your skin have to change color in the winter. There isn't any color lighter than ivory in the concealor. But anyway, i'm happy....soon i won't have to wear concealor because my face is clearing up soooooo much.....yey! biggrin.gif/

You guys are funny listen to LCH2685

personally, as a female I wouldn't wear makeup as a male with acne. It sometimes brings more attention to it. as a female though, i tried to only wear makeup to class and wash it off before i worked out and when i was in my room. now that my acne is gone i don't worry as much, but nothing that clogs your pores is good for it!

crm6360, yes i am a girl......i don't mean to intrude on this guys topic. I just want to help if i can. But i think i might be more useful to girls. Sorry if i offend you if i'm giving my opinion on things.