Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

I want to make a recommendation to you all...

I hope this isnt against acne.org rules. If it is, Im sorry, I didnt mean to, and it can be deleted. Its been almost two months since Ive been using Azelex Cream. Usually, I get very frustrated and I give up on products after two weeks, but I didnt with the azelex cream. It is prescription only and I have to say it is the best product next to Aqua Glycolic Cleanser Ive ever used! It fades red marks tremendously! I still have them of course but they arent that ugly purpleish, blueish, redish color. Please if you have red marks and want to fade them, I encourage you to ask your dermatologist for it. It is prescription only though so do not try and buy it some other way, from a friend or something. It also helps with blackheads. My blackheads are almost gone completely! My pores get clogged while Im sleeping because I sweat when I sleep but after I wash my face, it looks great! I dont have holes. I cannot even tell I have blackheads anymore either. They look more like freckles :lol: Anyway, good luck you all, I hope you decide to try azelex cream, and I hope your redmarks continue to fade :)

Yeah, happy it's working for you. It's great when you start to see results.

I've tried Finacea in the past (15%) and it worked pretty good. I'm finishing Accutane now. My Derm. said I would go on a topical for maintenance, either a mild retinoid (Renova) or maybe Finacea.

Thanks again for sharing. :)

Yvette

I do have a lot of acne now (an intial spiro breakout maybe even though Ive been on the pill for almost two months), a horrible breakout but they are healing nicely and a lot faster than they used to. I do have one pimple on my lower lip though that doesnt want to go away lol

Youre welcome! I might have to switch to finacea if I run out of my azelex cream after only a month like I did the last time. Hopefully, that wont happen. I have been using less.

Can this be used with any cleanser because i Use avene soapless gel cleanser.

Also can this be used with Dan BP gel and neutrogena healthy skin lotion AHA moisturizor?

I am planning to go to my derm to check on my face and I will ask him if I can have the azelex cream.

Can this be used with any cleanser because i Use avene soapless gel cleanser.

Also can this be used with Dan BP gel and neutrogena healthy skin lotion AHA moisturizor?

I am planning to go to my derm to check on my face and I will ask him if I can have the azelex cream.

It can be used with an AHA moisturizer but its not a good idea to use it in conjunction with bp

does this cream make your face break out sometimes? Or does this cream HELPS remove pimples and stuff.

It doesnt make me break out. Food allergies and fed up hormones are what break me out. It kills the bacteria and it actually makes scars lighter. It makes blackheads lighter too. January 8th I will have been using the product for two months. I really love it

So you really rate it that high for redmarks? I have some that I want to get rid of badly. What should I ask my doctor for?

I might buy Aqua Glycolic Cleanser too

So you really rate it that high for redmarks? I have some that I want to get rid of badly. What should I ask my doctor for?

I might buy Aqua Glycolic Cleanser too

Ask your dr to either give you azelex cream or finacea. The finacea comes in a larger tube. I might have to switch to that one the azelex runs out fast. No do not buy Aqua Glycolic Cleanser if you are gonna use one of those. Those are too many harsh things. I am using a mild cleanser, azelex cream, and then I use AHA- Lac Hydrin Five Lotion.

Does the Aqua Glycolic cleanser thingy dry out the skin?

=O

I have realllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy dry skin. lol

p.s. - thanks for posting! I'll definately give this a try!

It does yes. Also winter dryness places a role in our skin being dry too. Are you moisturizing?

Hey Molly,

This is kind of a tough question but what % improvement would you say this product has helped you?

I get redmarks like no one else that last up to a year or more and I'm desperate to find something that I can guarantee at least a 25% improvement.

Hey Molly,

This is kind of a tough question but what % improvement would you say this product has helped you?

I get redmarks like no one else that last up to a year or more and I'm desperate to find something that I can guarantee at least a 25% improvement.

I dont know what percentage to tell you really. January 8th will be my second month since starting the product. I would say I have seen 75% improvement I guess. I am also on spiro though which has helped too