Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nadia9430

Thinkn bout accutane

I go in for my bloodwork in two weeks. Im so vervous, but I cant live my life with horible acne always wondering what if?? Either do it or dont think about it. I dont get it here is everything i do for my skin right now. but ive done so muh more naturally and not.

DSF - mix of vitamins that boost my adrenals 3pills 2x a day*(alot of vit A in it)

Lactenz - enzymes that breakup the pus

spanish black radish- clears pus and helps spleen fight the infection

clorocal II - bentonite clay- absorbs toxins in colon flushes out the infection

vit C and Zinc - immune and skin support

mutimmune- vitmins for immune support*(has vit a in it)

total para- grapfruit seed extrat, garlic, oregano oil, artichoke - kills bacteria, yeast.*(not suppose to take antibiotics with accutane, guess these count too)

totalprobiotics- blend of enzymes and probiotics

glutegentics- aloevera, glucosamine, -rebuild the intestinal lining

prgestral- progesterone cream day 15 through 30 of cycle to help normalize hormones

wash with proactive cleanser and thats it

never wear make up

always use clean pillow cases and towels

take 30 min fast walk 3x a week

try not to stress, but seems to be what i do best

this all keeps it at bay, but when i skip or get lazy i flare up. I think i will have to stop alot of these when on accutane i * stared the ones that i will have to stop.

Im worried that with all ive been taking the past few years that my body is worn out and thats why i get sick so easy and so many infections. I dont know what accutane is gona do with my conditions.

what do you all think?

My derm said I should be fine but my naturopath says this is a very risky thing to do??/ Who am i suppose to trust and listen to?

I had deep cysts that would last for weeks. Nothing worked. I went on Accutane at age 35 and my skin was significantly clearer within a couple of DAYS. I had no bad side effects other than mildly chapped lips and the occasional nosebleed. I LOVE Accutane. I can't believe I didn't go on it sooner. I am now 45 and my skin has stayed quite clear ever since I went through the Accutane treatment. My biggest problem now is millia which I have been treating successfully with tons of benzoyl peroxide -- so this site really rang a bell with me.

I am one month into my second accutane course. I started breaking out at 18. I went to the derm and tried everything! He suggested going on accutane, but because of the side effects I decided not to, and then I got scarring. I then got on my first course at age 22. I was clear for 5 years, and it started up again. I have had no second thoughts about being on accutane. I was tired of "trying" everything that never worked, not to mention it was time consuming and expensive. I think the side effects are over dramatized. Most people just get chap lips and nose bleeds!

i was thinking about accutane too, but im prone to getting sideffects, for example they put me on minocycline and i got sick to my stomach and dizzy, they switched me to doxy cycline, which is what im at now. Isnt working to well, and they recommend accutane, as the final thing.

i was thinking about accutane too, but im prone to getting sideffects, for example they put me on minocycline and i got sick to my stomach and dizzy, they switched me to doxy cycline, which is what im at now. Isnt working to well, and they recommend accutane, as the final thing.

i had really dry skin and eczema for a year after accutane. and my skin is still dry and temperamental to this day, but my acne is completely gone.

if i could do it again i'd just do a much lower dose to avoid this.

All I had was a little lack of concentration and fatigue and dry skin in the beginning, that was about it. I also tried a lot of meds(antibiotics mostly) in the past but I didn't get any infection or any bad side effects during my accutane course. I currently am in my final month.

Just joined and your question got my attention. I got accutane induced acne fulminans about four years ago.