Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marytacker

mineral makeup reccommendation?

I know you guys love the everyday minerals but ive been using it for about 5 months and I dunno, maybe it's because I am bad at applying makeup, but it just doesn't really make my skin look that great. I feel like I am wearing so much of it and it looks sort of caked on which i HATE.

its so depressing that i need to cover myself in foundation because of all these red marks and scars and acne but i would really appreciate if you guys could reccommend some other mineral makeup for me. it doesnt matter if its very expensive from sephora or cheap as dirt. i just need your opinions, thanks so much girlls!!

I definitely have to recommend Aubrey Nicole. I've tried others, including EDM and while I liked them, their staying power was not good compared to AN. I also like AN formula ALOT better.

www.aubreynicole.com

Best thing is there are always sales and she sends out lots of free samples with orders.

I know you guys love the everyday minerals but ive been using it for about 5 months and I dunno, maybe it's because I am bad at applying makeup, but it just doesn't really make my skin look that great. I feel like I am wearing so much of it and it looks sort of caked on which i HATE.

its so depressing that i need to cover myself in foundation because of all these red marks and scars and acne but i would really appreciate if you guys could reccommend some other mineral makeup for me. it doesnt matter if its very expensive from sephora or cheap as dirt. i just need your opinions, thanks so much girlls!!

I had a good experience with Signature Minerals. The coverage wasn't as good as EM, but I heard that they've developed or are developing a new heavier coverage formula.

Meow gives great coverage, but I found it too heavy looking. I only tried one formula though.

Those might be a few you want to check out, along with Aubrey Nicole, another favorite on this board.

If it was in my budget, I was going to go with Lily Lolo (based in London, UK). Their foundations were a little thin on coverage, until I mixed their concealer with it - then it was gorgeous and covered really well - looking super. (the concealer has kaolin clay which seems to give it heavier creamier coverage) In the future when money isn't an issue, I plan to buy some again. http://www.lilylolo.co.uk/home.php

everyone's going to jump on me, but i like bm. you can get samples at sephora. i've used em too but didn't find it anything special. i like bm's coverage and finish a lot better. em seemed kind of cakey on me too, and i could never get the coverage right.

you could try aubrey nicole, joppa; these two do not contain bismouth oxychloride or talc which can irritate skin. bareminerals contains the bismouth so i would stay clear of that. do not use sheer cover, it also contains it. sorme has a mineral line...you can get this line at a salon or you may be able to order online.

physican's formula has a talc free line which does not contain the bismouth. you may want to try this.

i know aubrey nicole offers a sample kit for like 5 dollars not sure if joppa does.

hope this helps.