Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blueKT

Clindoxyl Gel

Hey guys, I am currently using Clindoxyl Gel.

I have a few questions:

Since the skin gets dry after using it, do you apply a moisturizer? If so, how long after applying the Clindoxyl Gel do you apply the moisturizer? Also, how many times a day do you guys apply Clindoxyl Gel?

Thanks for answering my questions :)

Hey guys, I am currently using Clindoxyl Gel.

I have a few questions:

Since the skin gets dry after using it, do you apply a moisturizer? If so, how long after applying the Clindoxyl Gel do you apply the moisturizer? Also, how many times a day do you guys apply Clindoxyl Gel?

Thanks for answering my questions :)

u should really ask ur doctor...and might want to ask about benzaclin...with cyldomycin alone, i heard that the bacteria have a greater likely hoood of becoming resistant to the cyldomycin...but with bp and clindamycin there is less of a likelyhood of that happening

but the addition of bp might dry ur skin even more so

u should really ask ur doctor...and might want to ask about benzaclin...with cyldomycin alone, i heard that the bacteria have a greater likely hoood of becoming resistant to the cyldomycin...but with bp and clindamycin there is less of a likelyhood of that happening

Clindoxyl is a combination of BP and Clindamycin.

I have used Clindoxyl Gel for over a year now and it still makes my skin really dry in the winter months. I use it at night only, but I don't put any moisturizer on after. Occasionally, I'll use the gel as a spot treatment in the mornings, and in that case, I just wait for it to dry (about 2 minutes, max.) and then apply moisturizer as usual!

Hope this helps.

Clindoxyl is a combination of BP and Clindamycin.

I have used Clindoxyl Gel for over a year now and it still makes my skin really dry in the winter months. I use it at night only, but I don't put any moisturizer on after. Occasionally, I'll use the gel as a spot treatment in the mornings, and in that case, I just wait for it to dry (about 2 minutes, max.) and then apply moisturizer as usual!

Hope this helps.

what moisturizer do u use? and how is ur skin looking?

I use Neutrogena Moisture for combination skin. It's oil-free and is supposed to suck up oil with 'microsponges'. It works pretty well - I have oily skin and I don't get overly shiny.

My skin is looking pretty good now, considering where it was at a year ago. I would say I had moderate acne then, and now it's very mild; maybe 2 active pimples at any given time. However, I'm not entirely sure whether the Clindoxyl gel did this or the birth control I started at the same time to control my acne.

Either way, I'd say Clindoxyl is pretty good at drying up pimples.