Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coolcat

crazy derm?

okay so ya pretty much i have quite a bit of scarring on my face from acne and when i went to my derm and asked him about it he told me not too worry and that most of what i have is very recent and that hes sure that they will fade within 6months-year... is that even possible :S..

well you should wait and see... I'm not too sure about the depression scar part. I don't have any acne scars besides hyper pigmentation marks but I know people that have that. Some of them have faded and some of them have remained.

Thats what most of them say. You can't blame them for giving you hope however even if its not true. Mine said the exact same thing, but I knew the trut from the begining, didn't get false hopes

and I wasn't surprised or sad a bit that my scars are all there after a long time.

well he didnt say they would all go away he just said that some of the ones that were created from small sits would go away.... he said that the ones created by cists or anything that was on my face for a long time wouldnt...

My derm was also optimistic. I have shallow scars that are mostly noticeable in certain lighting. I brought them up and he said it's really nothing to worry about. I'm pretty much set on decreasing red marks from acne and then focusing in more on the scars.

okay i went to another derm and asked about the scarring and she said the same thing... because my scars were created from pustular papular acne that the scarring will fade over time..... is this true...