Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eryka

Wynne??? Blister zits?

Sorry for the confusing name but I really don't know what to call these suckers. Every once in a while I get these things where they get red as bloody hell and they never ever come to a head or even open a pore for you to work with. Seems the only thing that works is pricking the very center with a needle and then squeezing the oil out to relieve the pressure, which is huge. Also, once I start getting oil out, it doesn't seem to stop. I tried putting a mask on the spot but so much oil was coming out that the mask would NOT dry. I did this two times and then gave up and got in the shower.

It's taken about 2 days but now it's almost flat and fairly red. These things start red and end red and grow VERY fast. I noticed the last one when I first woke up and by the time I got in the shower a few hours later it had almost tripled in size and got ultra red. After the swelling has gone down not even a sebum plug can be seen. Nothing ever comes out of these things, before, during, or after. Hence the name blister zits: lot of liquid coming out but no plug.

Anyone else have these? And what can be done?

Sorry for the confusing name but I really don't know what to call these suckers. Every once in a while I get these things where they get red as bloody hell and they never ever come to a head or even open a pore for you to work with. Seems the only thing that works is pricking the very center with a needle and then squeezing the oil out to relieve the pressure, which is huge. Also, once I start getting oil out, it doesn't seem to stop. I tried putting a mask on the spot but so much oil was coming out that the mask would NOT dry. I did this two times and then gave up and got in the shower.

It's taken about 2 days but now it's almost flat and fairly red. These things start red and end red and grow VERY fast. I noticed the last one when I first woke up and by the time I got in the shower a few hours later it had almost tripled in size and got ultra red. After the swelling has gone down not even a sebum plug can be seen. Nothing ever comes out of these things, before, during, or after. Hence the name blister zits: lot of liquid coming out but no plug.

I have the same problem and don't know what to do. I have tried ice, zeno, bp, you name it and nothing works. My bumps become very inflammed and are painful and like yours never come to a head and only expel oil.

I think what I'm going to do next time is prick the head with a needle and then put a dab of clay mask on the spot to dry it out, or at least relieve pressure.

These are the zits I hate the most. They look like cold sores or some sort of oral STD. Blech

I think I have something similar and I don't know what to do. I have been doing the DKR on my chin only at night for about two weeks and it has worked really well but I have this one small red spot that has been there for almost a month. BP has done nothing to it. Last night I decided I had to pop it (I was trying to be really good - I haven't popped anything in months). A bunch of bright red blood came out and now the spot is dark red and filled back up again. I put neosporin and a band-aid on it while I slept and then neo. while I went to class all day. I don't know what to do. I figured it would scab over but it hasn't.

Just in case someone has the same problem as me, I will tell what helped. I looked up blood blisters online (with some really gross pictures) and it said to not pop them. Well, I already had. Anyways, it said to apply a zinc oxide cream to them. If popped, it said to apply antibiotic oinment. Since it was soft and filled up again, I applied some A&D oinment with 10% zinc oxide (basically it is diaper rash cream) overnight and when I woke up it was dried up, smaller, and forming a scab. Hopefully it will heal well.

hi, Im not sure exactly what u mean, but from the sound of it, what u really need is something to dry the oil out of them. for that I'd recommend putting either a dab of lemon juice on them, or using an aspirin crushed in some water on it for about 15-30 mins. both of these should dry the spot out and also help to kill bacteria too. hope this helps!!

I also think u shouldnt pop them with a needle. that can cause infection and damage the skin!!