Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ingredient Mica  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Does mica used in cosmetics make you itch?

• Yes it makes me itch horribly
    • No it doesnt make me itch horribly

I dont think I will ever buy make up that contains mica ever again! My face is itching like crazy and it wasnt itchy like this until I started using my new bobbi brown make up. I think its the bobbi brown make up

I use EM and its the first ingredient on their list. Never makes me itch.

I really think the Bobbi Brown contains Bismuth. I dont think Mica can cause severe itching. Hope it goes away soon, hun.

I use EM and its the first ingredient on their list. Never makes me itch.

I really think the Bobbi Brown contains Bismuth. I dont think Mica can cause severe itching. Hope it goes away soon, hun.

Mica can itch a little from time to time for me, but it does not irritate my skin at all. I would say that I have somewhat sensitive & unpredictable skin also.

The stinging sensation I get from my lac-hydrin five is far more intense that any sensation mica gives me, & that doesn't bug me much either.

Hmm. It might not be the mica. I am currently using EM, even though in the past I had trouble with a different company's pure mica finishing powder. It didn't make me itch, but it did break me out. I think I must be sensitive to certain quantities - but it seems EM doesn't trigger me. Whatever is getting to you - you may as well discontinue it.

Have you considered going down to bare bones on the things you put on your face? I know you've been having such a hard time with many products. And respectfully, when you're changing products often like that, it is impossible to know which one is doing the damage. The safest thing to do is use ONLY products that have a long term history of agreeing with your skin. Add one new product per MONTH. No more than that, or you won't know what's doing what to your face. Sorry hun. *hugs*

It says Mica is needed to be an ingredient because it reflects the lights away making your face look natural...

I've worn makeup with out Mica and they look really pasty and dry lookin...

I've been using mineral makeup for the past 7 weeks, which I thought would be better for my skin. One of the few ingredients in the foundation and blush is mica. I've been breaking out more than I ever have before, and I'm wondering if it could have been the mica. I've since quit wearing it and won't go back. I also made the mistake of adding too many new products and thus am not able to tell which one caused the breakout, but I'm not going to use mica for quite a while. I read on a few websites that it can really make acne worse (though the mineral makeup company promised that their makeup, which is free from bismuth, is truly non-comedogenic" and good for your skin).

By the way, I also tried contacting Bobbi Brown about the ingredients in their foundation (I was thinking of switching to Bobbi Brown, since I read some of Bobbi Brown's Beauty books a while back and really liked them). An online salesperson wouldn't give me the list and said I had to call or e-mail someone else, which I did, and I never got a reply. It's a shame how hard it is to try and get ingredients lists sometimes.

Molly, I e-mailed Prescriptives a couple days ago for the list of ingredients in their foundation-- is that what you were looking for? I have the list for the Virtual Matte foundation only. Let me know if you want it (if that's what you were using).