Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne.sucks

should I moisturize while on Accutane?

well I was finally prescribed 40 mg Accutane for 6 months and I will pick it up from the pharmacy tomorrow. now I have read post saying that you SHOULD moisturize while on Accutane since it dries your skin out, but I have never moisturize my face since I was able to walk so I'm scared these moisturizer might break me out more. and also I will be using a b-prox 10 wash daily, it's the only cleanser I love since other cleanser seems to make my skin feel weird. so what do you think? should I moisturize daily? if yes, how should I do it and what kind of moisturizer should I use? thanks for all the help.

p.s: my skin tends to be really really oily and only sometimes will it be flaky.

I'm not on tane, but I do know that one of the side effects of the drug is EXTREME dryness, affecting everything from the skin to the mouth. I would definatly recommend moisturizer. Unfortunately, I can't recommend a good tane one, but I do know that someone shortly will hop in here with great suggestions!

moisturize, your skin will get really dry and flaky. And if your on accutane and have acne then why worry bout breaking out more. Unless you were able to get accutane with very mild acne. If that's the case maybe if you did moisturize you wouldnt get acne in the first place.

Any other good moisturizers? We don't have Cetaphil in my country and I can't order it via internet so any other suggestions would be appriciated!

I use olive oil over night and when I don't have to leave the house! Is that a good idea?

Thanks for your answers!

Don't use BP or any acids on your face. Soon enough your face is gonna get a bit sensitive, dry, etc... Be gentle to it and use good skincare, moisterisers, etc. Non-acnegenic of course. You may not feel dry for the first month or so, it will come though. In fact you will get dry everywhere. Lube up what's dry.

Cheers,

Yvette

Youre from Slovenia! Thats awesome! My grandmother who passed away in 2002 was 100% Slovenian. Both her parents were born there but she was born here in the United States.

Anyway back on topic. I recommend CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. Ive heard the lotion is great too but I havent used it personally

Any other good moisturizers? We don't have Cetaphil in my country and I can't order it via internet so any other suggestions would be appriciated!

I use olive oil over night and when I don't have to leave the house! Is that a good idea?

Thanks for your answers!