Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TenZin

silicone fillers

A woman neighbor & a friend of my family has acne scars mostly on one cheek. There not too bad but they're noticeable even under her makeup. She's 44 years old. Someone here did a link to nyc derm dr jay barnett and because the woman mentioned it I printed out the barnett article on silicon. Last thursday she went to barnett's office and had silicone injected. That night she came over & to show my mother & me. I think her scars are maybe 85% gone. It's hard to tell because there's still some red areas. She had no swelling but she did panick the first night when she touched her cheek & it was lumpy. But that was gone by Friday night. I saw her Saturday & she's still a bit red so its tough to rate her total improvenment but I'd say 85% better. For $500 I'd say it was worth it.

Improvment isn't supposed to show up that quickly for silicone. The imrpoevement you see is maninly due to swelling. It will take many treatments to see that level of imrprovement, if possible. I had a total of 7 and no noticeable improvment

I disagree with you ylem. She just pop'd over for a wine & I saw her. My mother agrees. Her scars seem very very much softer, but she's still a bit bruised, but NOT swollen. In a few days I'll report. Why is it some improve better?

TenZin - I agree with ylem. I have also had 7 rounds and the results don't show for at least 3 weeks or so. Some minor volume is added with the silicone micro-droplets that are injected but the major effects of the filler are the collagen built around the droplets by the body in response and that process takes a few weeks. What you see immediately are a bit of fill from the injections themselves along with swelling. The swelling goes down in a few days but she sould see some results begin to develop in a few weeks. The results should continue for a couple of months in some cases. The results are variable since some don't get much infill and I had pretty decent infill. I hope that she sees good results from her treatments.

okay. I really don't know but I will tell you what I see over the next few days & weeks. I hope it works because she's so excited.

It is more than likely 'microswelling', which isn't visible to the naked eye. Trust me, having been there and done that, I know what I am talking about.

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks that my neighbor Judy had silicone. Today she came over, she's over almost every day, and its the first time I saw her blackish marks gone. I wonder if they were the needle marks or just bruises. I say she's got a 45% improvement. Just a guesstimate, but her scars looks so much less. Dr Barnett's # is 212-734-2800. Hes at 163A East 70th St, near Lexington Avenue.

not sure why, but something sounds fishy on this one. i once met a girl from this site (talked to her on the phone) who recommended me to a specific doctor for a specific thing and after 15 minutes of conversation, she told me she'd done his website, used to date him, and was getting money for having people go to him via posting on this site. this guy's been a member for a while, but it still sounds fishy, esp with all the mixed reviews of silicone and the fact that it's permanent and precludes you from being able to utilize other treatments after you've done it. i'd say use much caution before jumping into silicone folks.

lol, I have nada to gain. Maybe you can't accept good positive news. Now this news will probably kill you. Her scars have improved about 70% in my view. Amazing smooth. And, she said she's going to get some laser work done in feb-march. dr barnett said that lasers will NOT bother the silicone work, although only excisions that remove the silicone matter. Your in NY, so why not check it out. No matter what you type I'm seeing her face with no makeup and her scars are almost gone. Maybe your scars are larger or maybe it won't work fot you, I don't know, but a consult wouldn't hurt.

Quick update. My neighbor got the silicone filler on 1 cheek on 12/15, so it's 23 days later and I think she got ~55% improvement. I said she had 1 very noticeable scar with a vertical slash scar & a scar perpendicular to that. Well the slash scar is less but you can still see it, but the connecting scar seems totally gone. Maybe her scars were just deep enough to be filled but not so deep. But she's feeling great about the result.

Another update. That diagonal scar I mentioned is still very visible. She's going to go back for another fill-em-up. But she went to dr barnett in nyc & here's a recent ad for a major 4 day meeting on plastic surgery & guess who is an invited speaker, yes dr barnett. Here's the ref: http://www.nypsf.org/Program_Wednesday_07S.htm

Scroll down a bit & see who's the speaker on silicone. So maybe he's one top derm?

Quick update on my neighbors' silicone. Just yesterday she asked my opinion & honestly the silicone did help, but the one scar (the vertical slash on her left cheek) needs another shot. I felt bad telling her that but she already knew it herself & she asked me to take the bus trip into NYC for her next appointment. Yeah. I'd say she got nearly 50% improvement & its been over 2 months ago.