Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tony90

Ive had a certain "blotch" of red marks for over a year now

I have done about 7 or 8 VBeam's. I used to exfoliate, but I began getting some acne again and decided it's best to hop on the Accu-train. Just wondering... how much longer do you think I should have these? I got them December 2006, just thought they'd be gone by now...

We cant predict that. Everybody has different skin and some people have their redmarks fade faster than others. I knwo for me my redmarks sometimes have taken over a year to fade. Try using an AHA leave on product or try azelex cream which is prescription only

I was on Azelex for about 10 months. How long did it take you personally for your longest lasting redmarks to fade?

I have persistant red marks myself.

I have had many that take a year+ to go away.

I never had much luck with Azelaic acid or Lactic acid.

I have some kind of sensitivity to BP, so I use mostly Glycolic or Salicylic acid.

I like the Neutrogena Salicylic red mark mask, I can't remember what it is called, something like advanced solutions. If you crush up a few asprin and mix it with that stuff and use it as a spot treat on red marks, it does help. And that is not too expensive.

It will take a few weeks though of doing it every other day or whatever your skin can handle without getting too dry (you could always use honey if you get too dry).

That is my newest recipe and it is working pretty well.

Good luck!