Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ronn04

question about scars/bumps on my nose

Pulse dye will definatly work. It is best because it only targets the vessels supplying the sebacous glands and cause it to degenerate due to lack of supplies. IE dystroy the nutriet pathway.

Well after useing search and seeing that other people have similar bumps on their noses, its obvious nobody has the slightest clue what they are. I say they are scars from acne on the nose, just be thankful if your nose doesn't breakout, cause they are even worse than cheek scars. Doesn't look like any dermatologist has any answer for them either. I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep and accept i'll never look good :-({|= .

Here are pics of people on this board who have similar bumps to mine

user posted image

user posted image

Oh and since no one knows anything about these scars, i shall claim them and give them a name of my choosing. From this day forth, they shall be known as "Wotgs". The T shall be silent.

The first pic looks like sebaceous hyperplasia. The second looks like rhinophyma(sp?). Rhinophyma has sebaceous hyperplasia as well as roscaea from what I recall.

They definately aren't keloids. Keloids are scars that extend outside the borders of the initial scar. They are usually very large. Hypertrphic scarring is more common, and are not as large as keloids. Keloids are unmistakeable in appearance.

You can most likely make your scars/enlarged oil glands look a lot better.

HTH,

Emma

You can most likely make your scars/enlarged oil glands look a lot better.

How can you make them look better?

has anyone else tried the pulsed dye laser to treat these scars?

is it an obscure unknown procedure or do many derms/cosmetic surgeons familiar with it?

that article is about treating acne, not getting rid of raised scar. i have around 3 of those bumps on my nose. I think it was from poping a big white head. I also have about 2 right unter my mouth.