Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jane jones

Glycolic 10% Moisturizer Sucked The Life Out Of Me

I just added a Glycolic 10% moisturizer at night to my skin routine and my skin really did not like that. I'm confused because I have been using a Glycolic 12% cleanser every night for about 4 months and my skin has tolerated that perfectly.

It's like it sucked all the moisture out of my skin which is really weird because it claims to be a highly moisturising cream. So now I have tight patches on my face, especially around my mouth/chin (sensitive) areas.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? I just wanna know if I should build up a tolerance to it, or if it's just crap.

Similar thing has happened to me.... I started using 10% Glycolic acid and lately my forehead has been looking dryer than usual... which has been making my shallow scarring look a lot worse :(

I got tight feeling skin on my cheeks a few years ago, but I was using something else. It took me a very long time for my skin to return to a normal feeling. I'm not sure what I did or used, but it made my skin very tan looking, and it felt like it was dry. If this feeling happens to anyone, I would recommend to stop whatever you are using.

Hmm, well I'm gonna lay off my Glycolic face wash for a few nights and try to nurse my skin back to its normal state of moisture. Maybe I'll just use the Glycolic moisturizer a couple of times a week and only on less sensitive areas of my cheeks.

Bummer though, I spent $43 on that shit. Boo.

I would suggest you to use Alpha Hydrox 10% Enhanced Cream either twice or thrice a week at night.Sunscreen is a must while using AHA products.

It could have and probably did cause some irritation. It might me irritant eczema, or some other type of eczema. You could just try laying off of it for a while and see if it goes away. Or try using a moisturizer like Cetaphil, or if is really bad, you might want to use some hydrocortisone.