Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MasterCheif

My DKR log from a Brit side of things!

Just a quick catch up I ordered DKR the other week and within a couple of days it was on my doorstep with a hefty price to pay for import taxes :surprised: ! You may ask why spend all the money when you can get matching products for cheaper, well the answer is I just want to get rid of my acne! I have mild acne, most of it is red marks now, with the worse places being around my chin and jawline. It use to be very stubborn, but in recent weeks has calmed down.

Week 1:

On Monday (day 1) I started using the DKR, with just applying BP at night, which worked well. It didn't make my face burn or noting like it has in the past. Now today my 4th day into the regimen is also my second day of having no active acne! All is well and good but my face has started going red, as well as a burning sensation around my chin. It's quite a noticeable difference in skin tone, especially when your neck is really pale. I should be thankful that my skin doesn't flake like crazy when using it. Today also marks the first day of using BP in the morning and night. I plan on upping the dosage slowly so within 3 weeks I should be on full finger.

I may have a picture soon, but I'm too embarrassed by my skin to take one.

I've also cut milk out of my diet since last week, which is quite a loss, but it's got me drinking more green tea which is a plus.

Stay tuned for my updates!

Day 13:

My past acne has started to fade away, and I'm only experiencing one/two active pimples a day! My nose has also been clean for weeks, which is a first this year! I'm lucky I had no initial breakout, but my skin is still red and beginning to flake. For some reason the cleanser or moisturizer is drying out my skin around my mouth and running up to my nose. Now it can't really be the cleanser because I use it all over, but the flakes start appearing once I've used the cleanser and dried my face. Thankfully the BP hides the flakes, and once I apply the moisturizer they do disappear, but leave quite a noticeable orange tint on my face. The burning has also subsided, which is a plus, but I'd rather try a new moisturizer.

Overall my face is taking a turn for the better, so I'm still sticking with it!

Day 17, almost three weeks since I started the DKR!

Well I stopped using the DKR cleanser and moisturizer as it just made my skin look way too orange and there was no way I'm going back to college like that. Instead I'm using 'Dove Beauty cream bar' still followed by the DKR BP but as my skin is still a bit flaky I'm using (first time tonight) 'Eucerin Dry Skin Replenishing Face Cream 5% Urea' which should hopefully fix all my skin dryness. Since I stopped using the DKR cleanser and moisturizer I've noticed my face going back to it's usual colour, must've been something in either (most likely the Jobba oil), which is a plus. What's a bigger plus is I've only got one active pimple right now which will be gone by tomorrow.

Here's hoping I wake up clean and flake free!

Day 23 and the Eucerin has worked! I brought the night cream too and now I wake up with little to no flakes! I've also started using 'Doves beauty bar extra sensitive' and whoa, what a change. My facial redness is finally going down and by the looks of it my acne is now calming down. It's going to what it use to be like, but red marks from previous ones are still there, but slowly and surely fading.

Day 35

Long time no see, well the week before last I started using Eucerin night cream and yes it may of removed my flakes but I broke me out quite bad which I'm still healing from. I stopped using it and since then my face has been getting better. I get about 1spot per 2 days or so, and they can range from being quite big to just a small whitehead. One new problem is the trapezium area of my face which is below my nose and above my mouth, it has become quite red, almost as if I just pulled a fake moustache off!

On a side note, I'm going to try steaming and an aspirin mask this weekend or next, then start using the baby brush method. Hopefully that'll push me into clear skin then I can start work on my red marks!

Day 50

Long time no see, so let's begin shall we. Well, the week before last I was at home for a week and for the first time used an aspirin mask, and whoa, my skin looked great the whole week. The week after I came back down I didn't apply one and my skin started going back to its old self, not good. Last Saturday I had stuff on my face which most certainly broke me out bad, so from this start of this week till now I've been using aspirin masks everyday and thank God they're working! Every night I wash my face, pick some spots, have a shave with my electric razor, wash my face again then apply a mask (with honey of course). I leave it on for 30mins + and wash it off in the shower. This process leaves my skin remarkably clean, I don't know how or why, but it makes my skin look so great. After my shower I then continue the regimen as usual.

SO!! From having a bad breakout at the start of the week I only have one small active spot, which will be gone tomorrow. I highly recommend aspirin masks, they work a friggin' treat.

Don't count on aspirin masks. My frequent use of them left me with skin that looked somewhat okay on the surface, but with tons of acne just under the surface. Also, their anti-inflammatory effect began to seem less and less pronounced; and while there was very little redness to my skin, I would look in a mirror and be shocked at how the imperfections still stood out, and were in fact rather odd-looking.

Don't count on aspirin masks. My frequent use of them left me with skin that looked somewhat okay on the surface, but with tons of acne just under the surface. Also, their anti-inflammatory effect began to seem less and less pronounced; and while there was very little redness to my skin, I would look in a mirror and be shocked at how the imperfections still stood out, and were in fact rather odd-looking.

Day 111!!!11!!11!!!!

Whoa what a ride! Basically from my last update I've slowly been clearing up, yes I've had small breakouts but nothing too major. My face seems to have got to terms with the BP and some of the redness has finally disappeared.

As of right now I've switched my cleanser (Dove's extra sensitive beauty cream bar) for Eucerin's cleanser and toner, and whoa what an improvement in just two days! The cream bar normally left my skin feeling rather tight and dry, but no more now that I've switched. Best of all my skin seems to be a lot less red, which leads me onto think it was caused by the dryness from the bar.

I suggest checking out Eucerin's cleanser, it's so light and one few cleansers that doesn't leave me dry, it's made for sensitive skin too, that's a bonus right there!

I can feel this as a new beginning for me now!

:dance:

Wow! Sounds like you are really tackling your acne! :)

Where did you get the Eucerin cleanser? I've looked all over the place and can never find it. However I am a tad wary because I used the same Eucerin moisturiser as you and I think it broke me out too.

Wow! Sounds like you are really tackling your acne! :)

Where did you get the Eucerin cleanser? I've looked all over the place and can never find it. However I am a tad wary because I used the same Eucerin moisturiser as you and I think it broke me out too.

Day 146:

I had a small breakout on my nose consiting of small whiteheads but I think they were caused by me icing them. It may sound weird but when I don't ice them they stop appearing, which I've done so thankfully they're healing. On a bad note I got a massive spot right on my chin, which is a scab now even though nothing came out. I have no clue what it was but hopefully it'll go soon.

On a massive plus side I started using emu oil at night and I can honestly see a difference already, even after 3 days! Hopefully (again!) my face will return to a normal tone, peace!

Day 180:

I was on holiday last week and the first night I applied the BP like normal but for some reason it stung like a bitch, could've been my face was exposed to the sun all day? For that reason I stopped the BP and started applying sayilic acid as a spot treatment. Now almost 2 weeks on my face overall texture looks so much better and most of that annoyance redness has gone away. On the downside I had a small break out, mainly on my chin and running up the my nose, however my forehead and cheeks are clear as day.

As much as I'd like to say the breakout is over, I'm afraid it isn't I still have 1 or 2 little whiteheads forming but hopefully after that it's all clear sailing. I'm going to give it two weeks and see if it gets any worse but my skin looks so great compared to when I was on the BP.

Peace!