Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jenstar

Vivant, Nucelle or MaMa

I have been researching the differences between Vivant, Nucelle and MaMa. I am currently trialling MaMa. What do others prefer and why?

I just started using 15% Vivant.

I tried MaMa before, but didn't like it. It had a strong smell throughout the day and was very thick. Vivant tingles, but goes on well. Haven't seen results from either, but will continue to apply Vivant.

I just started using 15% Vivant.

I tried MaMa before, but didn't like it. It had a strong smell throughout the day and was very thick. Vivant tingles, but goes on well. Haven't seen results from either, but will continue to apply Vivant.

Mandelic is milder than glycolic and therefore less irritating but I don't think it is any less effective. I would recommend MaMa Lotion or Nucelle which I am hearing rave reviews. I don't find MaMa to have a strong smell at all and I don't find it too thick. Both products are known to effectively reduce or eliminate hyperpigmentation.

Many of my fellow Marines swear by Mama. We all had to get sprayed in the face with OC spray (Hell on earth) for qualification and we pretty much all broke out due to hydraulic needle effect. We use Mama with astonishing results. It usually takes about 2 months for full restoration.

I use Vivant. Their products are very well formulated and don't use unnecessary ingredients (fillers, perfumes, etc).

Dr. Fulton, the dermatologist behind the Vivant line, is a skin care legend .... one of the co-discoverers of Retin A.

I've never tried NuCelle or MaMa, but I have heard a lot of good reports about both.

I use Vivant. Their products are very well formulated and don't use unnecessary ingredients (fillers, perfumes, etc).

I read somewhere in another post that Vivant products contain alcohol?

I compared ingredients between NuCelle, MaMa and Vivant. NuCelle and MaMa have almost identical ingredients. MaMa has every ingredient that NuCelle has plus a few more (but more is not necessarily better) and of course, MaMa contains 10% malic acid aswell - making it a 20% AHA with a pH of 2.5. Nucelle's pH is 3.5.

Vivant is alcohol based and their ingredients were different to NuCelle and MaMa's so probably not advisable to compare this product to closely with NuCelle and MaMa.

NuCelle Mandelic Serum ingredients: purified water, mandelic acid 10%, algae extract, polyacrylamide, c13-14 isoparaffin, laureth-7, dimethicone, cyclomethicone, isopropylparaben, isobutylparaben, butylparaben, potassium hydroxide, fragrance.

MaMa Lotion ingredients: water, mandelic acid 10%, malic acid 10%, algae extract, polyacrylamide, potassium hydroxide, C13-14 isoparaffin, ubiquinone, dimethicone, cyclomethicone, fragrance, squalane, laureth-7, tetrasodium EDTA, isopropylparaben, isobutylparaben and butylparaben.

Vivant Mandelic serum ingredients: SD alcohol 40-2, water, propylene glycol, mandelic Acid 15%, sodium lactate, sodium PCA, glycine, fructose, urea, niacinamide, inositol, sodium benzoate, lactic acid.

I used Nucelle for awhile before and loved it. Very gentl and felt great going on.

MaMa lotion I didnt care for, it burnt when I applied it which they told me was normal, but it didnt feel normal to me. It also dried me out more.

Vivant I dont care for. I personally dont care for the products company, or the maker. Thtas just my personal opinion though. I have sensitive skin and many of their products include dyes which i think is what irritated me. and on top of that the alcohol dried me out pretty bad, another ingredient i must avoid.

I mostly hear about Nucelle and MaMa and I here nothing but great reviews about both.

Currently I have mandelic acid from nucelle, garden of wisdom and vivant.

Recently I've been using both 15% vivant and 15% alcohol free from GOW. Before that I was using 10% nucelle (which was having effect but I changed to something stronger nontheless).

It's impossible for me to say which is better.

Maybe this wasn't the most helpful comment but it does add more data to the pool :)

What I don't like about NuCelle and GOW is that the products contain algae. Algae can be quite comedogenic (gets a 4 or 5 on the comedogenic rating list), so I generally avoid products that contain it.

I actually use one that is from my esthetician's own product line. It doesn't have all the alcohol like Vivant does, but its stronger than the NuCelle.

Vivant I dont care for. I personally dont care for the products company, or the maker. Thtas just my personal opinion though. I have sensitive skin and many of their products include dyes which i think is what irritated me. and on top of that the alcohol dried me out pretty bad, another ingredient i must avoid.

Recently I've been using both 15% vivant and 15% alcohol free from GOW. Before that I was using 10% nucelle (which was having effect but I changed to something stronger nontheless).

Why didn't you try Nucelle's 15%? I didn't know about the GOW brand.

willow, MaMa also contains aglae extract. Why do all these products contain algae extract if it has a high comedogenic rating? Maybe the concentration of it is very low.

I just started using the mandelic cleanser a few days ago (I saw your rave reviews in another thread). So far I'm really liking it; it's gentle, I can use it as a shampoo, and it's a lot less drying than the ZNP bar. It also seems quite effective against the folliculitis.

Why didn't you try Nucelle's 15%? I didn't know about the GOW brand.

willow, MaMa also contains aglae extract. Why do all these products contain algae extract if it has a high comedogenic rating? Maybe the concentration of it is very low.

Which Vivant products have dyes in them?

I use the mandelic cleanser, the 9% mandelic toner, and the 15% mandelic serum, none of which have dyes (they are all clear, actually).

None of the Vitamin A products contain dyes either, to my knowledge.