Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hopingforclear

Retin-A Micro at age 25

Another update. It has been almost a week since I started taking the Doxy twice a day. I have been feeling really tired. Is this normal on Doxy? Or even a side effect at all? Or maybe I'm attributing the tiredness to the wrong thing. Hm. I feel like my skin has been kind of poor the last few days. I have a new pimple that cropped up right next to my lip, and those never go well. Its no longer a pimple, rather scabbed over and resembles a sore. Other than that I have a small pimple next to my eyebrow, should be gone soon. No other active pimples, I just feel like my red spots are really noticeable and my face is feeling greasier than normal. I don't know, maybe its the cold, we have had tons of snow and icy wind lately and maybe that is affecting my skin. That, or I am tired because I am not sleeping well and not sleeping well is not good for my skin. On the plus side, my skin is really smooth. It has been 9.5 weeks on RAM so it better be smooth!!! I think I am touching my face more than I should. I never really thought I touched my face that much, but lately I have been catching myself. I know that is bad, spreading bacteria and all. I need to be more careful about that. Also, I think I need to be drinking more water, my skin starting peeling again. Ugh, when will this be over? I just want a gorgeous clear and porcelain complection, is that too much to ask?!?!

Alright, so no new pimples to report. The old ones are healing slowly. The scab on my lip is still tender, I hope that goes away soon! The one in my eyebrow area is taking its sweet time but it is no longer active as far as I can tell. There are some leftover white heads still trying to bust their way out around my chin, much less than what I had before though. I am not sure but one may become inflamed, as it is slightly tender, we will just have to wait and see. I added the proactive toner into my regimen today, I was having some flaking on my cheeks and am hoping the glycolic acid will take that down. My face is still feeling a little oily, and I am hoping that what I have read--that it takes 3 months notice decreased oil production--is true. Nose, forehead, and cheeks are all pimple free, thats good. Just my blasted chin needs to get with the program. I really am starting to feel like the red marks are going down. I started taking zinc a few days ago, maybe thats helping?

Hey Hopingforclear, I'm glad that retin-a micro is working well for you. I have a quick question: did you have any scars before using RAM and has using RAM helped you to reduce the appearence of your acne scars? I'm just not sure whether RAM would be good for me. Although I get some pimples on occasional days, I just have a lot of redness left over from acne. I have icepicks and a few roling scars that are small, but noticeable when I look in the mirror. i'm just overall comfused, has RAM helped you with acne scars and do you think I should use RAM for my situation?

Hey Hopingforclear, I'm glad that retin-a micro is working well for you. I have a quick question: did you have any scars before using RAM and has using RAM helped you to reduce the appearence of your acne scars? I'm just not sure whether RAM would be good for me. Although I get some pimples on occasional days, I just have a lot of redness left over from acne. I have icepicks and a few roling scars that are small, but noticeable when I look in the mirror. i'm just overall comfused, has RAM helped you with acne scars and do you think I should use RAM for my situation?

Quick update! Still no new pimples. No lingering ones either. Im...CLEAR!!!! I still have the red marks (but they're fading!!!) and a few darkish spots from some lingering hyperpigmentation (but they are also fading!!!). This is amazing. Especially because I have had almost no sleep over the past 3 days, my work has been requiring 4am wakeups with late nights. Plus I have been eating chocolate. Now I KNOW they say chocolate doesn't cause acne. But for me, in the past I could directly correlate chocolate consumption with increased oiliness and subsequent breakouts. I think by getting rid of the bacteria with the doxy and cleaning out my pores with the RAM, I am not sensitive to the changes that chocolate can cause in my skin. This is so awesome. I am not a super chocolate lover. I barely missed it when I didn't eat it for the past few years (except when I ate it to experiment with my acne). But, its kind of nice to not have to worry about having one chocolate chip cookie, or have a little taste here and there. So, with my excessive coffee and chocolate intake, and my exhaustion, my stress, oh and I ate sushi (the iodine can cause acne) twice in the past few days, I have no pimples!!! I can finally see some serious light at the end of the tunnel. I know the scars and marks will fade and now I don't have to worry about too many new ones. Hopefully I haven't just shot myself in the foot and now I get a bunch of pimples, I should knock on wood or something...

Well...not COMPLETELY clear today. Some minor details to report. I have some sort of a whitehead garden cropping up on the right side of my chin/jaw area. I am sure I made it worse by attempting to get ride of them by picking. I promised myself I wouldnt do that. Long story short, no inflammed pimples, just a red angry area now that I'm sure will be gone by tomorrow. But it may leave some redmarks which is annoying. Other than that NOTHING else is on my face. My left side looks really good, the red marks and hyperpigmentation are fading fast. I think some of the issue with the right side of my chin may be because I forgot to take my Doxy yesterday and forgot one dose the day before, I was super busy/stressed and I forgot. Maybe this is the issue. Anyways, I am back on task and hopefully things will get back on track!

Well, some minor updates today. I have three new pimples. The first two are on my temples, while they are red and raised there is no head and more importantly NO PAIN. I take this as a good sign. There is one minor one near my nose on my cheek, however I think this is a whitehead that is mostly red because I scratched at it. We will see how this goes. My chin/jaw area is shaping up quite nice, pigmentation and redness is still fading, no new pimples in that area. All in all, I'm happy with the progress so far.

Update!!!

No new pimples (of note) for the last 2 or so weeks. Any little minor ones I had litereally were gone overnight without any messing with them and they were very unnoticeable and not even red in the first place. Still waiting on the redmarks to fade, but I do see improvement. I am very happy I stuck with this, my results have been great.