Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DecepticonX7

Stubborn cyst on forehead.

The title pretty much says it all. It's been there for three weeks and isn't responding to anything; has not changed size or color since it appeared, has not come to a head, and, curiously, doesn't even dry out like my other zits when I apply peroxide or salicylic (in fact, the damn thing shines like a stoplight 24/7). I'm so sick of the damn thing that I would even resort to popping it if it gave me half a chance, as I'm getting a little tired of never taking my hoodie down. Any practical suggestions for eliminating a troublesome cyst that doesn't respond to topicals?

antiobiotics or Ibuprofen help.

Ice it to reduce swelling and inflammation. Some people suggest using a warm/hot compress to bring it to a head too. If its been there for three weeks though it sounds like you will need to keep handy with the BP as well. Good luck getting rid.

Hello!

Please see the link at the bottom of my signature for some techniques that may help shrink a cyst. Please don't mess with it (squeeze) particularly if it doesn't have a head. Squeezing a cyst can cause it to rupture underneath the skin, leading to possible scarring and most assuredly a longer-lasting spot and possibly larger, deeper infection.