Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erika11

Hormonal acne?

For the females here, how do you balance out your cycles and hormones to stop hormonal acne? I've started taking lots and lots of vitamins lately, things like B5, B6, garlic, and acidopholus to help get my acne under control. But every now and then I still get a bad break out. This is just all so very annoying! ugh! Any suggestions?

I take Yaz birth control and spironolactone for my hormonal acne. Spironolactone is an anti-androgen blocking pill that suppresses that hormone since it can cause acne. It has been my miracle drug!

I take Yaz birth control and spironolactone for my hormonal acne. Spironolactone is an anti-androgen blocking pill that suppresses that hormone since it can cause acne. It has been my miracle drug!

I've heard that Evening Primrose Oil can help with PMS. I'm not sure what pms symptoms it's supposed to help with, but maybe you could look into that as an option. I don't know how it works, but if it helps pms, then maybe it's doing something with your hormones? It's a vitamin supplement that you can find pretty much anywhere.

Mm, I guess I should have specificed that I'm trying to avoid the use of drugs and especially birth control pills. I would really like to go the natural-route. But thank you for the suggestions.

hi there. your post caught my attention because my dr told me i have hormonal acne. where specifically do you get your acne? i tend to break out along my jawline and chin.

i talked to my dr about this and she suggested i go on bc pills, but i didn't want to because i don't like the way they make me feel. so...i'm currently using minocycline and a bp regimen. if you want to use a natural method then this option would be out.

lets see...what kind of diet do you follow? if you don't want to take any antibiotics or bc pills i would look into diet and a consistent regimen. have you ever tried a prescription topical such as differin or retin-a? there's also bp regimens and many other topical creams you could use. check out the prescriptions section of this site...it lists a wide range of creams you could use. i think a regimen including topicals is defintely your way to go. would you ever consider trying an antibiotic? there's many different kinds.

hope this helps.

Im also on Spiro hence my display name lol Its okay. The only thing I dont like about it is it makes me feel extremely bloated. I also use azelex cream which I like a lot.

My acne got worse while I was pregnant, so I try to stay away from birth control pills (plus they made me all anxious). So right now I'm not doing anything for that; I'm actually anxious to see how my current regime holds out this month.